1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does an S2 w/lifetime have any resale value?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by tivogurl, Aug 22, 2013.

1. tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    I figure it has no value, other than enabling me to get an MSD discount for lifetime on a new Roamio.

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Someone might pay a few bucks for it. Post it in the for sale section and see if you get any takers.

3. moedaman

moedaman New Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I bought one off of craigslist last fall for $50, which included the usb wireless G adapter. Not only did it qualify me for the MSD on the Premiere I bought a few months later, but it also gives me a dvr for a little used 32" Panny crt tv that's in our bedroom.

So there is some value for the right person at the right price.

4. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    What model number and how much?

5. Shanezam203

Shanezam203 New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Good Find.

6. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Active Member

Dec 26, 2000
    If you had sold a year or two earlier it would have

7. midson

midson New Member

Feb 26, 2005
    I sold mine last year for $80. However, the buyer never worked with me to transfer service, so he's either using it as-is or bought it strictly for parts. Since its still on my account, is there a way I can tell if its being used?

8. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Active Member

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    I sold my single turner ser 2 with life time on craigslist for $75. I had it for about 6 years. I had bought it originally for $150 with a $150 rebate from Best Buy. I had taken out the extended Best Buy warrenty for $50 and 2 years later it went bad. They gave me a gift card for $150 instead of fixing it. Used that to buy a new one which also was $150 with a $150 rebate.

9. shwru980r

shwru980r Active Member

Jun 22, 2008
    If that's the only Tivo they have or they don't transfer shows between Tivos, then there is no need for them to transfer the account.

10. buscuitboy

buscuitboy New Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Atlanta area
    I had a similar situation; sold my lifetime S2 on ebay, but the new owner never made their own online account to put it on so there is sits with my other Series 3s and Premiere.

I am pretty sure its active (& probably how you can tell) as I see it listing some channel guide for the TX area (I am in GA) when I try to select it for finding TV shows via the online portal & in the TV Listing Guide area. Although, lately the TiVo website has been CRAWLING. You may want to check out this area too.

****NOTE: I also simply disabled its ability to rent Amazon videos (enable downloads) and video sharing from other DVRs on my account (in the "TiVO device preferences" area).

11. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Near...
    People still using analog only (S1 or S2) Tivo's post on this forum. Yes they have value.