1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Breaking News - Word is the sale is coming back... "Our “once in a lifetime” PLS promotion was such a hit, that we’ve decided to launch it again! It will be announced today that the PLS Transfer Sale will be available again for the last 3 days of the month. This will include the BOLT+ 3TB, and 4 refurb units (BOLT 500GB, BOLT 1T, Roamio Pro and the TiVo Mini)."

Doctor Who "The Power of the Daleks Episode Three" 12/3

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by HTH, Nov 30, 2016.

1. HTH

HTH No Avatar Selected

Aug 28, 2000
    Lincoln, NE
    The guide data has this animated restored episode as rerun of "The Power of the Daleks Episode Two" which aired last week, with "Episode Three" airing the following Saturday, but I strongly recommend if you're watching that you manually schedule this Saturday's episode to record anyway as it is likely to be Episode Three and next week's Episode Four (of Six). I've alerted the @TiVoSupport twitter account, but they gave no guarantee that it will be corrected before it airs.

Also, if you haven't noticed, it also thinks it is an episode of the new 2005 series of Doctor Who starring Peter Capaldi and Jenna-Louise Coleman (possibly due to the new first airdate given this animated version), not the classic 1963 series with Patrick Troughton, Anneke Wills, and Michael Craze, so Wishlists for any of them won't find it.

BBC America is also offering streams of each episode after they air in case you missed it entirely. This is a lost story of the classic series, Patrick Troughton's first story as the Doctor and first ever regeneration story of the series.

2. KDeFlane

KDeFlane Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Silicon Valley
    Futon Critic still lists the start time as 8:25pm (which is what it has been for two weeks), but BBCAmerica's website and tvguide and TiVo all have a new timeslot at 11pm, and it is titled "Episode Three". (I don't have direct access to Gracenote data.) This is one of those times when I will trust TiVo/Rovi over Futon Critic.

3. JoeKustra

JoeKustra Cable only TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Screener (zap2it) has it at 11pm.
    S01, E03
    Polly is taken prisoner by the rebels who are planning to use the Daleks to take control of the Earth colony; the Doctor learns that all three Daleks have been reactivated.

4. pteronaut

pteronaut Killer of Threads

Dec 26, 2009
    Comcast EPG and BBCA's website has ST:TNG 8-9PM, Dirk Gently 9-10, Graham Norton 10-11, with Doctor Who at it's seemingly new timeslot (there next week also) of 11pm EST.

I guess the ratings for it weren't good enough, probably down to BBCA running it in the episodic format that it was when originally aired, even UK Gold (a British satellite, cable & digital TV channel) showed classic Doctor Who stories in their entirety (sometimes 2 1/4 -3 hours long), instead of breaking them up.

5. HTH

HTH No Avatar Selected

Aug 28, 2000
    Lincoln, NE
    Just saw a retweet of @DoctorWho_BBC confirming the new timeslot with The Graham Norton Show between it and Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency. Episode Four is similarly rescheduled for next week. According to the data, the old timeslot will be the last half of a Star Trek: The Next Generation episode.

Maybe it's because it's too scary for US audiences to be shown that early?

6. HTH

HTH No Avatar Selected

Aug 28, 2000
    Lincoln, NE
    And now "Doctor Who: The Power of the Daleks" is its own series, requiring its own OnePass, so previously recorded episodes will not be grouped with it (unless you used a Wishlist). Even IMDb lists it that way. Well, actually, it lists it as a theatrical release without episode numbers. Doctor Who: The Power of the Daleks (2016) - IMDb

7. morac

morac Cat God

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    So I missed episode 4 because of the renaming of the series and of course that's the one episode that doesn't show up in the guide anymore.

It does look like BBCA is running a marathon of them on the 25th from 8:30 am to 12:00 pm Eastern, but for some reason episode 1, 5 and 6 are under the new series name and episode 2, 3 and 4 are under the old one (which isn't being picked up by my OnePass). Just to make things more confusing.

8. pteronaut

pteronaut Killer of Threads

Dec 26, 2009
    And to make matters worse, BBCA are re-running the story (all 6 episodes) in color back to back starting 8:30 Eastern on Christmas Day.

My Comcast EPG flags them as new, don't know about TiVo.