1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do you need to rerun wdidle after running jmfs on an old drive?

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by milo99, Nov 2, 2012.

1. milo99

milo99 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Falls...
    so here's a quick question - i just ran jmfs to copy my premiere drive data onto a 1TB WDEADS green drive. i had previously used this drive in my old TivoHD, and had run wdidle to disable intellipark.

what i'm wondering is, if that setting is stored somewhere on the drive that got copied over when i ran jmfs? or is it in some sector that isn't touched and therefore the setting remains regardless of what you do to the drive's data - whether it be a byte for byte copy like jmfs does or a complete format.

it just occurred to me, of course, AFTER i put the drive in the tivo and hooked everything up. if it had occurred to me earlier, i would've just run it and checked. So i'm hoping to save myself some trouble. :)

2. lessd

lessd Active Member

Jan 23, 2005
    CT
    Once wididle is disabled only running the Wididle3.exe can change that, reformatting will not have any effect on that setting.

3. L David Matheny

L David Matheny Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    SE Ohio
    I think the IntelliPark setting is stored in non-volatile memory on the drive's controller board, so it's not on any sector of the drive. It shouldn't have changed due to your copy operation.

4. milo99

milo99 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Falls...
    sweet. thanks for the info!

5. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Yeah, that's basically part of the drive's firmware, which is on a chip or so on the "paddle board".