1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do monthly service rates follow the DVR

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by sonicboom, Sep 20, 2013.

1. sonicboom

sonicboom New Member

Sep 2, 2006
    Boston
    I have a TiVo Premiere, and I'm paying a lower than normal (<$12.99) monthly service fee.

If I sold the unit to a friend, would they get the same low rate, or will they have to pay the full retail monthly rate?

I recall in the past that the monthly rates followed the DVR, but I don't know if that still holds true today.

2. berg0449

berg0449 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I buy lifetime, but I know it depends. For example the multi discount will not follow to the buyer unless they have their own qualifying DVR.

3. sonicboom

sonicboom New Member

Sep 2, 2006
    Boston
    Thanks berg.

Has anyone experienced this personally, and know for sure whether or not subscription rates follow the DVR.

4. socrplyr

socrplyr Active Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Monthly service rates are determined by the account they are on. If you sell, that new owner will have their own account. You will have to cancel your service to let them activate it.

5. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    It has happened where a special rate, not just MSD, was transferred to a new owner, but I would never depend on it happening.