1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displaying the transfer speed in TiVo desktop

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Kuroshio, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Kuroshio

Kuroshio New Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Two questions: 1) is there a way to display the transfer speed in TiVo Desktop (transfer between TiVo Series 3 and Computer). Kmttg offers this function. 2) is the transfer speed faster between TiVo and computer using the premiere series than series 3? I know transfers are limited by the connection speed. I am using WD livewire which offers speeds of over 100 Mbits/sec. Thanks

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Transfers are limited by the CPU transcoding the videos, that's why its slower. Premiere is faster, faster CPU.

Video of transfer speeds.

3. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Transfers are limited by the Tivo. Your average home network should be much faster than what a Tivo uses.

The Premiere is faster than a Series 3 and the Series 3 is faster than the Tivo HD.

You can view network info on the Tivo.

Go to Messages & Settings -> Settings -> Phone & Network -> View Network Diagnostics -> Transfer history.

Pick a category. I believe transfers to a computer is option 2. The numbers only reflect the most recent transfer the Tivo has made for each category.