1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Directv Tivo Receiver

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by ghscheider, Apr 4, 2013.

1. ghscheider

ghscheider New Member

Apr 3, 2013
    I just received my Directv Tivo receiver. I would like to add this receiver to my Tivo Desktop and it is asking me to enter the TSN (Tivo Service Number) in order to add it. How do I get this number? Tivo Desktop allows transfer of Tivo recorded programs between Tivo recorders. When I go into the Desktop it shows a new Tivo (identified by DVR-A403), but it is not the TSN number that I need. So, it is recognizing that there is a recorder there but I cannot transfer anything from that number when I highlight it. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated!!!!:)

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    You can't do that. The DirecTV THR22 does not participate in TiVo Desktop or any other kind of program sharing.

3. Series3Sub

Series3Sub Active Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Just one of the many great TiVo retail features this box does NOT support. :).

4. PCurry57

PCurry57 Liberal Hippie Chick

Feb 27, 2012
    Dallas, TX
    The older DirecTiVo's where hackable to turn the home media features on and their was a utility tytool that facilitated downloads. You might give tytool a try

5. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    Not for the THR22.

6. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    Once again, there's a need to remind users that it is not a 'real' TiVo. It's a D* receiver with TiVo software!

You will not get all the features that are available to standalone TiVo owners for this reason.

7. fooz

fooz New Member

Mar 4, 2006
    If there is a problem then D* throws it over to the fence to Tivo, and visa versa. That is why you should stay away from the D* Tivo boxes.