1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DirecTV free HBO/Cinemax this weekend (June 8-11 2012)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by astrohip, Jun 7, 2012.

1. astrohip

astrohip Active Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    Just in time for the season premiere of True Blood, DirecTV is making HBO & Cinemax available to all this weekend, June 8-11. Here's the snippet from the email...

Tune in June 8 - 11 for the HBO (Ch. 501-511)and Cinemax (Ch. 515-523) Free Trial!
  2. legna12

legna12 New Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Does it usually take a couple hours for the channels to activate because mine aren't active yet?
  3. n548gxg

n548gxg New Member

Mar 7, 2003
    East Coast
    It is free, also, on Verizon FIOS.
  4. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    Pulling weeds
  5. Idearat

Idearat New Member

Nov 26, 2000
    I enabled the channels yesterday, this morning I scanned through them to see what I might like to record between now and Monday AM. I found a few things that looked interesting, but over all the channels through the whole weekend there were only 2 movies I set to record and they were older ones I added more out of nostalgia.

Once upon a time the preview weekends would cram a lot of things into them to entice you to get the channels, but all this one did was convince me there was no need for me to pay $15 a month. For the last few years the only times I've had HBO was for the original series. Last time I turned it on when Curb Your Enthusiasm came on, turned it off the day after it ended.
  6. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
  7. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
    We just canceled our free trial a week ago, and I was really missing HBO. I was excited to see this.