1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Different internet / video provider

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by Heinrich, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Heinrich

Heinrich New Member

Feb 28, 2002
    My dad has Cox video and FIOS internet - for various reasons. The Premiere XL4 has a wireless adaptor to FIOS. Can I install the Moca adaptors between this XL4 and a Mini - and would the XL4 be smart enough to share video through Moca and still use the wireless adaptor to FIOS for Tivo and guide updates?

2. jmpage2

jmpage2 New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    MoCA on the XL4 (and Roamio) is just a bridge in the configuration you describe. All it does is take whatever internet connection the "host" device has (in this case your wi-fi adapter) and extends it over coax to all the devices.

I can't see any reason that it would not work, as long as whatever router handles things on the FIOS end is able to handle the additional DHCP address needs of the Minis.

The only glitch would be if wired Ethernet is required in order to bridge to MoCA in case you would need to run an ethernet cable from the XL4 to the FIOS router and ditch the WiFi.

3. Heinrich

Heinrich New Member

Feb 28, 2002