1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did not like GLO remote, considering IR extender?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by atomarchio, Apr 18, 2012.

1. atomarchio

atomarchio Member

Sep 24, 2006
    I am using a Series 3 in my bedroom and have the Tivo box itself sitting behind my dresser.

While the Tivo Glo Remote with bluetooh sounded like a good idea at the time, I am find the unit to skip keys on a regular basis.

As a result, I would like to use an IR extender or something inexpensive with the regular Tivo remote.

Is there a particular product that you would suggest/recommend?

2. DeWitt

DeWitt New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    Summit, NJ
    What worked for me with the slide remote was using a USB cable to move the Bluetooth dongle up above the blocking furniture. Quick Velcro to the wall.

3. atomarchio

atomarchio Member

Sep 24, 2006
    I have the dongle on a USB cable also. How does moving it up improve the the performance?

4. dianebrat

dianebrat I refuse to accept your reality TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    Data point, it's not a "GLO remote with Bluetooth" it's the Slide remote, the Glo is an ir-based remote that's my favorite of all time.

5. arizon

arizon New Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Tucson, Arizona
    Moving the dongle of the slide remote to the front of my cabinet definitely improved it's performance for me.

6. atomarchio

atomarchio Member

Sep 24, 2006
    After reading your first e-mail, I decided to move the dongle from directly behind my dresser in my bedroom to near the top where the blue light would be slightly showing.

Perhaps if I can get more direct signal to the dongle, it would work better.

Would like this to work versus time/cost of buying the IR extender. Hopefully it will.

7. brentil

brentil New Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Moving the dongle for me also corrected my issues when I first got the device. It partially has to do with signal blockage and also interference from other devices. Use the extension cable to move it as far away from other devices and as much in the open as possible.

8. atomarchio

atomarchio Member

Sep 24, 2006
    I moved everything else as far from the dongle as I could. Tivo, Tuning Adatper, UPS, etc.

Hopefully, I will see an improvement.

9. Soapm

Soapm Active Member

May 9, 2007
    So close,...
    Shoot me a PM if that doesn't work. I have an idea

[​IMG]

10. atomarchio

atomarchio Member

Sep 24, 2006
    Would changing the settings on my LED TV somehow improve the lag? I notice a backup/delay especially when I fast-forwarding or hit 2-3 keys at a time.