1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dexter: Streaming anywhere?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Steveknj, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I'm not a Showtime sub, so I was wondering, outside of torrents, if the older seasons are streaming anywhere? I was hoping Netflix, but unfortunately no. I know Netflix has other Showtime series available for streaming (US of Tara and Weeds are ones I've watched), but not this one. FWIW, I'm an Amazon Prime member too.

2. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I thought the first couple of seasons of Dexter were available for streaming on Netflix. I thought that's how I first started watching them.

3. gweempose

gweempose Active Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    All the episodes are available on both Vudu and Amazon, but unfortunately not Prime. It will cost you a pretty penny for all the seasons. It would be way cheaper to subscribe to Showtime ala carte for a month or two, and watch the episodes via On Demand. Great show, though, and worth the hassle.

4. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I was going to make the same suggestion. Subscribe to Showtime and watch them on ShowtimeGO

5. MacThor

MacThor Not Pictured

Feb 7, 2002
    Richmond VA
    The first two seasons were on Netflix, but were pulled a couple of years ago. That's how I got started on Dexter, too. :)

6. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Actually, the way I got hooked was the season they ran on CBS Sunday nights (of course, HEAVILY edited)...

7. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    It's even cheaper to just not bother and watch everything else I can watch :)

I saw the first season. I think I might have DVDs of S2 and S3 that I pulled off my DVR when I had a couple of free months of SHO some years ago. With the new TV season starting, I doubt I'll have time anyway, but was just wondering.

8. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    That's how I originally watched the first season. During the writers strike they showed it. After rewatching S1 unedited, I thought they did a pretty good job on CBS. I started on S2 when I have the Showtime freebie but only got about halfway before I got busy watching other stuff, and it was a difficult show to watch with a pre-teen daughter up and around. She's 14 now and while there's still stuff in that show I don't want her to see, and wouldn't watch with her, if she walked in I could quickly pause and not worry too much if she heard the odd curse word.

9. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    I got hooked through a friend named Bit.