1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dexter - S08E10 - "Goodbye Miami"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by VegasVic, Sep 10, 2013.

1. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    This once very good, sometimes great, series continues to go out with a whimper. Of course I'll watch the last 2 to see how it ends but at this point I don't care all that much.

2. GoPackGo

GoPackGo Active Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Limping across the finish line.

3. Hank

Hank AC•FTW

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA
  4. reneg

reneg Member

Jun 19, 2002
    It feels like a six episode season expanded to 12 episodes. Lots of filler.

5. Hank

Hank AC•FTW

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA
    I really liked that they were setting up Zack to be Dexter's apprentice/protégé'/successor, while Dex and Hannah sailed off into the sunset. But then they stupidly killed off that idea.

6. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Yup, now there is one last bad guy to deal with along with a cop on his trail. Zzzzzzzz....

We've all known since the series began it will end with one of these things: 1. Dexter dead, 2. Dexter in jail 3. Dexter gets away.

But I guess I expected a more imaginative way to get there. The Zach storyline, while I wasn't thrilled with it, had potential. Then poof.

All of the other sub plots are useless. I don't care if Quinn and Deb end up together (or dead). Batista (one of my favorite characters) does nothing this season. Masuka, also a favorite, does nothing. The daughter sub plot turned out to be nothing interesting. While not give them an expanded role in the final season.

7. Sacrilegium

Sacrilegium that weird guy

Dec 14, 2006
    I have loved this show and I try not to complain too much when I find a show compelling, but...ugh. It's one thing to suspend disbelief. It's another to remove your brain.

WHY would Dexter, not only a smart guy but a friggin crime scene lab tech, go in and hug Vogel as she is gasping her last murdered breaths? He lets her son hop out the back door so he can take a minute to contaminate the crime scene with his hair and fibers.

HOW in the Hell does spyware "work both ways" and allow you to see the spyer's video library? HOW?!? Maybe that would be plausible if Dexter was some uber computer geek hacker, but he isn't.

WHY would Hanna not get hold of Deb or someone else when Harrison had to go to the ER? Why wouldn't she at least use a fake name for Harrison? Why? WHY? And why did she come back to Miami looking exactly like her Wanted posters anyway? No hair cut? No dye job? No fake mustache? WHY?

Folks...they just don't care anymore.

8. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    I'm assuming he's going to dump her body but maybe not. If not, yeah pretty dumb to leave his DNA all over her.

And the name thing, no kidding. They obviously never asked for ID or insurance card, that's why she signed Debra Morgan. So why not Debra Smith for God's sake. And if the woman recognized her and called the cops they sure took their time getting there for an escaped murderer. It had to take awhile to get Harrison's chin stitched up. He must have been on some good meds he seemd quite happy later that night.

9. MonsterJoe

MonsterJoe ♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪

Feb 19, 2003
    Central MA
    I forgot I was watching this season! I guess I'll just read about it here to finish the series.

10. MonsterJoe

MonsterJoe ♪♫♪♪♫♪♫♫♪

Feb 19, 2003
    Central MA
    No, not even then.

11. mooseAndSquirrel

mooseAndSquirrel Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Whatsamatta U
    Ha ha. Nailed it. I too used to love this show. But wow. And the voice of Harry has gotten ridiculous. Hey Dex, while you're getting Vogel's blood all over you, how about a glance over the shoulder to see if your psycho might be about to slash your throat?

An episode or so ago, Hannah was in a sexy, $3,000 salmon colored cocktail dress at noon. So inconspicuous!

12. Craigbob

Craigbob Active Member

Dec 1, 2006
    Land of...
    Some real stupidity in this ep.

Really Hannah?!?! The Cops are looking for you and you take Harrison to the Hospital. Why not call Deb who just left the house a few minutes before?

Why not color your hair so you don't look the same as before?

Don't get me started on Dexter at Vogel's house. It seems Dex has become very stupid this season.

2 more eps of what was a great show. I wish they had a better way to end it.

13. NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    I even think the acting is horrible this season. It is like the actors now this seasons writing is crap and are just walking through the lines. SO BAD!

Funny how Breaking Bad is in its final stretch and their show is on every website and they are all over TV talking about it. Yet I see NOTHING about Dexter's last season.

Can't wait for this to just end. And the upcoming previews look like it doesn't get better....

14. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    My girlfriend has never watched Dexter, she came into the room while I was watching and after a couple of minutes commented on the bad acting.

15. Dawghows

Dawghows Active Member

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    I think the bad acting is mostly due to the actors trying so hard to make something workable out of the horrendous writing.

16. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Agreed. They are probably as disappointed with this season as we are.

17. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    For a while there I thought Vogel was going to turn out to be the killer. Especially at the beginning when the killer was forcing other people to do the actual killing at gun point. I think that would have been a much better twist.

This just feels like lazy writing with a bunch of filler crap to get the full 12 episodes. Very disappointed.

18. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    It could be worse.

They could be under a dome.

19. Dawghows

Dawghows Active Member

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    Or we could be watching the Doomsday Killer season.....

20. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    In the finale Dokes wakes up and realizes it was all a dream.