1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Devious Maids

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Beryl, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    Didn't know what to think about this show watching the promos but after watching the pilot (Lifetime), I'm hooked. It is hilarious.

2. gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    As soon as I heard Ugly Betty's sister is on it, I immediately setup the recording! Will probably watch tonight.

3. Snappa77

Snappa77 RUDEBWOY

Feb 14, 2004
    BOSTON
    The sis from 'Ugly Betty'. The one with the "JLo" that can rival J-Lo's "JLo"?

I will definitely record this. :up:

4. waynomo

waynomo My One Time TCF Club

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    Recorded it. Haven't watched it yet.

Anybody know how many episodes they plan for a season?

5. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    I think it's 13 episodes.

6. Zephyr

Zephyr Active Member

Sep 16, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Great show, quite funny. Watch it!

7. gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    Watched it last night. Has a Desperate Housewives vibe to it. No surprise since Eva Longoria is attached.

Keeping the SP. Loved the Roselyn Sanchez character. As well as the superstars publicist/caretaker. I almost did not recognize Judy (Scrubs) Reyes. And had to google the "too busy" mom. That is Bill Compton's maker from True Blood!

8. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I really liked it. It will be one of my 'guilty pleasure' shows, I'm pretty sure, but I'm not going anywhere. I will keep watching.

Loved the lady (who we saw in the many promos for the show) with her 'My maid was murdered...Who is going to clean all this up??'. Recognize the actor - she is perfect for the part.

Lot of actors in this who look familiar to me but my memory fails me. I initially had a spark of interest because Judy Reyes is in it and I was a big 'Scrubs' fan (well, for most of the series anyway).

I actually tried to watch Desperate Housewives a couple of times, back toward the beginning, and just could not get into it. Conversely, this show hooked me right away.

9. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    That was the moment I turned it off and deleted the SP. Not really a fan that type of show.

10. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    Me too. I watched exactly one episode of DH.

11. andyw715

andyw715 Active Member

Jul 31, 2007
  12. tigercat74

tigercat74 Lets go Bengals!!!!!

Aug 7, 2004
    Waverly, OH
  13. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Marc Cherry, the creator of Desperate Housewives, is also attached to this show. So, yes, there's a very strong DH vibe.

Once again, the summer TV season is just as much fun as the regular September-May season.

14. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    So, are there going to be episode threads, or just one thread for the season? If so, will this be the seaon thread?

I was just thinking about this show and I can't wait for E02 which, I believe, airs either tonight or tomorrow night. I hope to see more Susan Lucci from here on out.

15. waynomo

waynomo My One Time TCF Club

Nov 9, 2002
    Seven...
    I finally watched the first episode.

I understand peoples taste vary considerably and there is a ton of stuff I like that others don't. That being said . . .

I can't believe that anybody would want to watch this show!

I thought it was just people being horrible to other people. People at their worst. I really have no desire to watch that.

I will probably watch episode 2 with my wife, just to make sure it is what I thought this time, but I am not holding out much hope.

16. Zephyr

Zephyr Active Member

Sep 16, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Kind of like everything else on tv....

17. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    I set an SP. I see that they're repeating the pilot so you can catch up.

18. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    Totally hooked and told my own cleaning lady (a Mexican-American) and she is also hooked. She says that weird things go on in the homes of the ultra-rich so she prefers to work for regular (boring) folk.

Judy Reyes and Susan Lucci play off each other really well and made a good comedy team.

Dania Ramirez had some good lines too:
    I washed these sheets but they will never be clean.

There should probably be episode threads -- if enough people are watching.

19. Malcontent

Malcontent Aka: Smiling Bob

Sep 4, 2004
    Ohio