1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Destination Host Unreachable" TiVo 3

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by DoctorCarlo, Aug 14, 2012.

1. DoctorCarlo

DoctorCarlo New Member

Aug 14, 2012
    During my attempts to "Test Channels" or to "Connect to TiVo", I encounter different errors codes: N01, N04, & N24. I have done numerous things to fix it.

I have replaced the cable card. I have rebooted my network's modem, router, and switch several times. I have changed network cables.

Even though the TiVo is hard-wired to the router, I have put its MAC address into the MAC filtering list to include it; and I have tried turning off the MAC filtering altogether.

I have changed the cable's connection from one position on the 5-port switch to another on the same switch. I have moved the cable from the switch to the router itself.

I have restarted the TiVo several times.

I check my router and it says that the TiVo has an active DHCP lease on it. The TiVo3's network jack activity LEDs show activity.

I attempt to ping the IP address listed on the DHCP lease (192.168.2.86). I receive the result: Reply from 192.168.2.171: Destination host unreachable. (192.168.2.171 is my computer's NIC.)

I also have a TiVo1 with which I have no problem. I have used its network cable (with and without the USB adapter) to test the TiVo3. The TiVo1 continues to work without a hitch while nothing I have done with the TiVo3 has made any difference.

At no time has the TiVo3 worked on my network. It apparently worked without a problem on its previous owner's network.

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Try setting the Tivo's Network setting with the router and gateway IP to your router IP address.

3. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    What details do you see on the Network Status page (Messages & Settings > Settings > Phone & Network)?

4. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC

I see you used a four letter word.

DHCP

That TiVo isn't going be going back and forth between the home and the coffee shop and the office.

Give it a fixed IP address.

One thing fewer to go wrong.