1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Just a note that the site indexes are still building. Until they are done, anything that uses search will be affected such as normal search, post history, etc. It works from the oldest post first and is building forward in time. We could have waited for it all to be done, but hey, who uses search anyway? :)
    Dismiss Notice

Desktop/TiVo To Go Patch!

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by tivosupport_gen, Mar 9, 2013.

1. tivosupport_gen

tivosupport_gen New Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Great news!

Our patch is now available for customers to download. This patch will restore the TiVoToGo transfer feature. For more information and instructions on how to apply the patch, please visit our support page http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/196#Known.

If you were having trouble prior to February 16th or having trouble with a different feature of TiVo Desktop, this patch is unrelated and may not be applicable.

This patch only applies to TiVo Desktop 2.8.3 for Windows PCs and older versions of TiVo Desktop and other 3rd party applications and devices such as ReadyDLNA devices, Windows Home Server devices, Roxio Toast/Popcorn for Mac may still be incompatible. Until a software update is made available for TiVo DVRs, these 3rd party devices and software may not allow transfers. The availability date for these software updates is still to be determined.\

Thank you again for your patience.

2. solutionsetc

solutionsetc New Member

Apr 2, 2009
    The fix is to update a single string in a file on our TiVos. Why are we still waiting for this?!

Frankly, I ran out of patience some time ago.
  3. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    You don't know TiVo very well. It's not as simple as "changing a string in a file" in the DVR software and sending the patch to our DVRs.

TiVo will want to make sure (at least, I hope) that the patch doesn't cause a problem somewhere else in the software.

Think of how many people would be complaining if the patch broke something else.
    I don't expect the DVR software fix for at least another 3 months, and I wouldn't be surprised if that stretches to 6 months due to the upcoming release of the Mini.
  4. solutionsetc

solutionsetc New Member

Apr 2, 2009
    I know tivo plenty well, and this IS as simple as changing a simple long integer in the existing code. But I agree with you that their incompetence, lack of in-house resources, and inability to address anything in a timely manner will most likely result in a delay of months before this rolls out.