1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desired Feature: Season Passes

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream' started by dcborn61, Oct 4, 2012.

1. dcborn61

dcborn61 Member

Dec 9, 2002
    Washington, DC
    I didn't see a thread yet for desired features for the Stream. I'd love to be able to set up "season passes," so that I could automatically download specific shows to my iPhone as soon as they record. I move the same 2 shows every morning onto my iPhone, it would be nice to automate the task and wake up in the morning with the shows already on my phone.

2. BlackBetty

BlackBetty I

Nov 5, 2004
    It's a great idea but it wouldn't work. Due to Apple's limitations on certain applications not allowed to run in the background

3. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Active Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    It could partially work if it was setup so it checked for specific shows once the app was launched.

4. gonzotek

gonzotek tivo_xml developer

Sep 24, 2004
    Outside...
    Might also be able to use the Notifications feature to alert users to start the app up when new shows arrive. I've seen other iphone apps do this.

5. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Active Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    TiVo would need some type of notification setup I would think. If they ever integrate twitter, Facebook, getglue, etc into the TiVo itself, they might be able to use it to alert the app.