1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deleting Program After watching

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by compnurd, Jun 17, 2012.

1. compnurd

compnurd New Member

Oct 6, 2011
    Maybe this is something i have not figured out yet or the way it is. When i finish watching a program, and say FF to the complete end, i am not prompted to delete or keep the episode right away. instead it basically pauses it self and i have to 30 sec skip or FF again to get the delete prompt
  2. JoeTaxpayer

JoeTaxpayer New Member

Dec 23, 2008
    left arrow (not rewind, the navigation pointer) will flip you right into that choice.
  3. sharkster

sharkster Active Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    That's what I do (left arrow) and it gives me the 'delete' choice every time.
  4. compnurd

compnurd New Member

Oct 6, 2011
  5. mattack

mattack New Member

Apr 9, 2001
    You can 1FF to the very end, or play to the very end.. But if you try to 2 or 3FF to the end, you'll get what you describe.. (at least that's what I see on my TivoHD).. Sometimes you basically get "stuck" at the end and can't rewind, either..
  6. Samantha Kirk

Samantha Kirk New Member

Apr 18, 2012
    To delete recordings, go to the Now Playing List and select the title or folder you wish to delete by pressing CLEAR on your remote. This is not the shortcut by any means but it is also another way to do the work. There are many tricks and tips that are very useful to manage your TiVo. Just visit myTiVO and look for trips and tricks. They have listed some shortcuts also.
  7. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Active Member

Oct 23, 2001
    And compnurd, just FYI, you don't have to be all the way at the end to get that keep or delete prompt. Pressing 'left' anywhere in the last five minutes will bring it up.

(Oh, and if you bring it up accidently either 'jump back' or 'rewind' will dismiss it without totally losing your place)
  8. compnurd

compnurd New Member

Oct 6, 2011
    nice thanks
  9. leiff

leiff Member

Aug 24, 2005
    If you hold your finger down on the skip button you will move to end of program. Or is this only working because I have 30 sec. skip enabled? Useful so you can quickly erase by moving left.