1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deleted tivo2go files

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by jax200, Feb 2, 2014.

1. jax200

jax200 New Member

Apr 30, 2005
    After converting saved DVR files using tivo2go on my PC, the original *.tivo files on the PC are deleted.

My questions are, can these files be recovered and why aren't they listed in the Recycle Bin?

2. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Once the files are deleted, they are gone -- unless Windows has a recovery function (I do not know of one).

I found this in one of TiVos support articles:

[​IMG]

So, somewhere in the software is a box you'll have to uncheck if you don't want the original file deleted.

As for the other part of your question, the files don't appear in the recycle bin because the Tivo Desktop software permanently deletes the files and I don't think there is a way to change that.
    If you want to make use of the recycle bin, you have to manually delete the files from the Windows environment, outside of Tivo Desktop.

Attached Files:

3. eboydog

eboydog Just TiVo'ing.....

Mar 23, 2006
    Only files that you delete are in the recycled bin, if a program deletes a file during its operation then they are not included. The basis of the recycled bin is to recover a file mistakenly deleted by the user and it's presumed if a program deletes a file, it's not a mistake.