1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delete wishlist recordings from My Shows

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by fburgerod, Jun 28, 2012.

1. fburgerod

fburgerod New Member

Oct 24, 2007
    Hi all. I am brand new to the TIVO Premiere XL. I am enjoying it but have a question. I have recorded some episodes of Mentalist using a Wishlist. I then changed it to record all episodes via Season Pass. On the My Shows list, there is a folder for Mentalist with 16 shows and a folder for the wishlist Mentalist with 12 shows, all of which also exist in the 16 show folder. Are those actually duplicate recordings or simply duplicate lists of the shows recorded? If I delete the wishlist folder will I lose shows from the Season Pass folder?

Thanks!

Frank

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    They may be duplicates, but you can delete them. You can either go in the folder, or just highlight the folder, and press clear. The wishlist recordings should have a blue star, usually. If you want to remove the wishlist, you can go to the season pass manager, and highlight that wishlist and press clear.

3. Samantha Kirk

Samantha Kirk New Member

Apr 18, 2012
    In my opinion these two are entirely different and the shows in Wishlist are not the duplicates. You can easily delete the shows from Wishlist. If you are still having doubt then try deleting just one episode. I may be wrong but this is just an opinion.

4. bshrock

bshrock New Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Duplicate List ... If you delete a recording form one folder it will be removed from both. You can delete the wishlist that recorded them.

Look at the channel date and time recorded to verify.

5. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    You're wrong. A TiVo group is not really a folder. It is just a list of recordings that match the criteria of the group. An individual recording can be listed in multiple groups (wishlist, series, HD). As noted above, you delete it, the only group it will now be listed in is "Recently Deleted".

One normally should not give technical advice based on an "opinion".

If the OP is still confused, temporarily turn off groups and you should see 16 instances of "The Mentalist", not 28.

6. fburgerod

fburgerod New Member

Oct 24, 2007
    Thank you everyone for your help. I did ungroup the shows and saw that none of the shows were duplicated. So, Tivo just grouped the titles, some in my Wishlist and all in my Mentalist folder. So, I will not be deleting any of them willy nilly. Thanks for your insights!