1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decoding TiVo Files Already Downloaded in Transport Stream

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by pusta, Mar 31, 2012.

1. pusta

pusta New Member

Aug 1, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Hello,

I have a number of TiVo recordings that I downloaded to my PC through TiVo Desktop in the "new" faster download mode, which I believe copies them in Transport Stream vs Program Stream. Well, after discovering KMTTG, I now learned the hard way Tivodecode cannot work with the Transport Stream files, so I cannot process any of my downloads. Is there any program out there that can decode these files? I'd hate to hate to copy them all back to the TiVo just to offload again.

Thanks!

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    VideoRedo (with at least a partial TD installation).

3. Phantom Gremlin

Phantom Gremlin New Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Tualatin,...
    Can you provide a pointer to how to do a "partial" installation? I don't want TD cluttering up my computer but I've been meaning to at least try VideoRedo. I have a Mac and would have to run under VMware because there doesn't appear to be a relatively inexpensive frame accurate editor available for the Mac. E.g. Final Cut Pro would probably work but it's much too expensive for what I need.

Interestingly, for the original poster, VideoRedo might even be "free". I.e. he can probably accomplish what he needs to during the free trial.

4. ggieseke

ggieseke Active Member

May 30, 2008
    Install Desktop, then uninstall it. In the uninstall screen choose "Remove Partial", which leaves the DirectShow decoder and a few registry settings like your MAK behind, but removes Desktop itself.

5. pusta

pusta New Member

Aug 1, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Thanks, I'll try it out