1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deadliest Catch - OAD 7/16/2013

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by TonyTheTiger, Jul 18, 2013.

1. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    Seems like all the boats are having problems this season!

Good of the Hilstrands to loan Wild Bill that hydro fluid. Hard to imagine getting repairs and parts that far away from help!

I'm still surprised that something shown in the previews a couple weeks ago has not been seen yet. Perhaps they're saving it for the finale or something.

2. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Nice to see that Elliot is no different to the other captains than he is with anybody else...they guy just can't take suggestions/wisdom/critisizm. (I'm talking about the pre-show).

3. snowjay

snowjay 40mph couch potato

Mar 26, 2007
    Almost in...
    I didn't catch it, what was he ignoring this time?

4. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach New Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    Liking the new greenhorn on the Wizard. Got a chuckle when he took off his cap after getting hit with the pot and he already had a Wizard mohawk. I wonder if they made that conditional on his employment.

5. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Active Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    I just can't watch this show anymore. I absolutely can't stand the people they focus on now. It seems like it has gone from being about a deadly job to who can be the biggest piece of trash.

6. LlamaLarry

LlamaLarry Active Member

Apr 30, 2003
    I wonder if the Time Bandit would be able to recoup any of these recent repair costs as faulty install/design from their initial refit during the off season? Unless this is something the captains cobbled together themselves at a tasty $1MM+ experiment, it seems that engine mounts, drive shaft, propeller imbalances that cause it to vibrate itself apart would be a design/install problem.

#notaboatguy

7. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    my recolection was the problem was past the engine and from the drive shaft back. That sounds like something the engine guys wouldn't have had anything to do with.

8. LlamaLarry

LlamaLarry Active Member

Apr 30, 2003
    I was pretty sure that they replaced the props as well (refit episode long deleted) and an article here seems to gloss over the circumstances of the switch from the 4 to 5 blade prop that was mentioned in this episode.
    In the end, if the brothers kind of did this on their own and/or installed it themselves I suppose they are just stuck. I know if i paid for a new engine to be installed in my car and I had to bring it back because the engine/driveshaft/transmission were shaking themselves apart I would expect it to be repaired as part of the initial install.