1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dead Roamio flashing light

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by moesess1228, Oct 29, 2013.

1. moesess1228

moesess1228 New Member

Aug 20, 2009
    i just restarted my Roamio and all the lights in front on the tivo are flashing, it no longer turns on and is only 2 weeks old. has anyone seen this problem before?

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    I actually did run into that issue as well with my 1st Roamio Pro and had to exchange it for a new one. NOTE: If you are persistent and unplug it and plug it back in enough times you may be able to get it to boot up eventually, but if it's like mine you will want to return it and get a new one.

3. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Most likely it is a power supply issue. I wouldn't wait and would exchange it right away.

4. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Even if it started working again, why would you want to keep it? My first Roamio Pro got stuck on the powering up screen. I unplugged it several times with the same result. When I took it back to BestBuy, and they plugged it in, it booted up without issue. They asked me if I wanted to keep it. There was no way I was keeping that box after what happened. I was surprised they even asked me that.

5. moesess1228

moesess1228 New Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Amazon is sending me a new one, not worth taking a chance, it just sucks that ill need to redo a new tivo and will lose my shows on my external hard drive:(

6. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    If you can get it too boot up you could transfer your shows to a PC/Mac temporarily and then move them back over to the new unit after you swap the external drive over.

7. moesess1228

moesess1228 New Member

Aug 20, 2009
    its sadly not letting me boot it up:(