1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daylight Saving Time

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Marconi, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Marconi

Marconi TiVo Junkie

Sep 8, 2001
    Page, AZ USA
    I live in an area that does not observe DST, but all my TiVo boxes have just "sprung ahead" I'm screwed.

This is something only TiVo can fix. I'll miss each and every recording by an hour until they do, unless I choose to manually record everything, in which case, all will be mislabeled.

2. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    Sucks they got it wrong, but are you sure it's affecting your recordings, and isn't just cosmetic? I thought all the schedule dates were kept as GMT behind the scenes, and only converted to local time for display purposes.

3. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    I was wondering the same thing. Certainly national and international broadcasts *MUST* be handled via UTC.

4. Marconi

Marconi TiVo Junkie

Sep 8, 2001
    Page, AZ USA
    You are correct, sir.

Not only is the time wrong, the scheduled recording times are also off by an hour such that it appears the programs will record at the correct times.

What a relief!

5. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    Yup

This is the way it was for a lot of us who had older TiVo units when they changed the start end end days for Daylight time several years ago.

The time was off, but so was the guide. So it all worked.