1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dancing with the Stars 10/22/2012 and 10/23/2012 (both performance shows)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by hummingbird_206, Oct 23, 2012.

1. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Active Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Near...
    Monday and Tuesday night shows this week are both the performance shows because of the Pres debate Monday night.

I loved the Team dance to Call Me Maybe. It was awesome! Deserved a perfect 30 IMO. The other team is really going to have to bring it to tie or win. I'm not sure they are capable of it.

I do not get the love for Gilles' dance. I mean, I get the love for Gilles, but I thought the routine looked like a recycled version of Edyata's dances where the guy just mostly stands there. Did he look hot, yeah, but a good dance, I didn't think so.

2. MauriAnne

MauriAnne Mostly lurking

Sep 20, 2002
    NC
    Emmitt seemed to be having such a good time performing --- he made me smile. :)

I thought Kirstie's scores were higher than they should have been.

Carrie Ann falling off her chair was so funny, I must have rewound it 5 times to see it again.

I am surprised they cleared Melissa to dance with a herniated disc! I thought the team dance was really fun too --- even though "Call Me Maybe" gets on my nerves !!

3. wprager

wprager Active Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    I liked the beginning of the group dance, but overall I thought it was not terribly strong. And I really felt that Emmitt's dance was too fast for him. He just wasn't getting the arm extensions in at all. He's a very good dancer, but that was not his best effort. But, as much as I like Kirstie, I thought she was the most overmarked by a mile. That was *not* a quickstep.

4. murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    I spent the whole time wondering if Kevin Costner would be as wooden, if he were dancing instead.

Maybe the bad dancing is appropriate to the character of the song. :p

The choreography on the "Call Me Maybe" group dance was awesome. I particularly liked the transitions between the group dancing and the parts where the different couples got their highlight bits. The flow of all the dancers in and out of the performance was effortless and brilliant.

5. Cainebj

Cainebj Active Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    My SP missed the Tuesday show
    - so I'm confused when is someone being eliminated or was someone last night?

6. MauriAnne

MauriAnne Mostly lurking

Sep 20, 2002
    NC
    No one is being eliminated this week. Monday & Tuesday night each had 4 solo and 1 team dance.

I didn't catch what happens next week -- not sure if it's another double elimination or a normal week.

7. murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    As far as I can remember, they didn't say what happens next week. Which was probably deliberate. Just that we needed to vote both nights and it would all be combined with the judges' scores.

8. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Active Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Near...
    All that I heard them say about next week was that the scores (and votes) carry over.

Regarding the performances Tuesday:
    I loved Shawn and Derek. Wow, what a great routine. Don't know what Len was smoking to give that routine an 8. I know Carrie Ann docked them for the 'lift' that was a 'catch', but don't get Len's score at all.

Team Gangnam was ok, but no where near as good as Team Call Me Maybe.