1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Damages

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by lpwcomp, Jul 12, 2012.

1. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Just found out that "Damages" became a DirecTV exclusive showing on their AUDIENCE Network™ last year. First episode of Season 5 was last night. Am I the only member of the TCF who watched the first three seasons of this show and didn't know about this already?

2. 9300170

9300170 Member

Feb 20, 2003
    Tempe, AZ
    Dtv picked it up last year.

3. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Active Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    Thus the phrase "last year" in my initial post. And "first three seasons"

Also, you didn't answer my question - am I the last "Damages" viewer on the TCF to know?

4. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Probably. ;)

It was a pretty big deal a couple of years ago when it was announced that Damages was going to become a DTV-exclusive show, complete with two-year pick-up.

5. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Depends on definitions.

I watched the first season, and at least some of the second one, or maybe even all of it and some of the third, but got lost somewhere along the way, and quit trying to keep up, so I'm just now finding out that it's still being produced.

I assume Saffron still has yet to be avenged?

6. Grimm1

Grimm1 New Member

Jan 9, 2000
    Stanton, CA
    You're not the only one...my wife watches the show and she has no idea that this is the situation with the new season.

7. ufo4sale

ufo4sale Active Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Plainview...
    but the same thing happened last year so your wife wasn't following the show then.

8. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    This is so messed up. I loved this show and but I have Comcast. I wondered what happened to it. Oh well. Maybe I'll get it on Hulu or some such streaming source.

9. Grimm1

Grimm1 New Member

Jan 9, 2000
    Stanton, CA
    If you mean by "following the show" that she didn't investigate why a new season didn't air then I guess you are right. But I'm sure like most people who were watching the show she just assumed either the show got canceled or was on hiatus.

It's pretty rare that a show moves from a basic cable channel to a content provider specific channel.

10. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    Like me. I figured it was cancelled. Season 4 is on Amazon and iTunes for $17 & $18, respectively. S1-3 are on Amazon Prime. If I wait a while, all 5 seasons might be on Prime.