1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dallas - The Enemy of My Enemy - 7/11/2012

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DouglasPHill, Jul 12, 2012.

1. DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Active Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    Now we're talking, don't mess with Marta/Veronica. JR is still my hero. Rebecca's looking good as eye candy. And now Bobby's wife has some dark secret from her past. I don't remember the original Dallas having so many twists and turns crammed together. A little time to relax in between twists would be ok by me.

2. sandybeaches

sandybeaches New Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Methinks you should go back and watch some of the originals. I remember lots of twists, but they seemed to be more believable.

3. caslu

caslu Member

Jun 24, 2003
    I think they've crammed in more twists and turns because the new show has a much shorter season than the original... no time to stretch things out. Makes it a whole lot more fun in my opinion.

And can I just say how consistently good Larry Hagman is in his role... I mean the guy is in his 80's but he keeps knocking it out of the park each week.

4. rifleman69

rifleman69 Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Oregon
    In the end with all of these twists and turns, Bobby and JR will be laughing it up together saying they pulled the wool over everyone's eyes.

5. zalusky

zalusky Active Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    I am thinking JR knew about the mineral rights on the trust and that its all a ruse to distract people while he schemes to get Ewing Oil back from Cliff.

6. Langree

Langree The Gimp

Apr 29, 2004
    Freezinmyass...
    I don't think so, it never came up in the old series where they dealt with drilling on SF a couple of times and they had dealt with the separation of land rights and resource rights under the land.

Before this had aired I'd been wondering about the mineral rights. In Texas now, by default land sales do not include mineral rights. The state owns them. (I have family that has land grandfathered in and still owns min rights to land in west Texas that is drilled on, they get a tidy sum monthly for the resources)

7. zalusky

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    Remember JR was snooping in the records. I just feel like he left to go to Vegas for the real action knowing everybody would be distracted.

I believe he wants his daddys baby back home AKA Ewing Oil and drilling on Southfork was more about John Ross.

In 24 they would have 4 quarters of different threats that segway'd to each other. Given its 10 episodes I think we just hit the segway point.

8. Langree

Langree The Gimp

Apr 29, 2004
    Freezinmyass...
    That's the other thing, according to the old series JR lost the right's to use the name "Ewing Oil", ever.

The Company cannot exist under that name.

(They need tire hire me as a consultant.. :) )

9. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    segue

10. martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    No, he meant the part where they're all riding Segways. ;)

11. Vendikarr

Vendikarr New Member

Feb 24, 2004
    So officially incorporate under Ewing Oil and Energy branching out to shale mining and natural gas. Everyone will still just call it Ewing Oil.

What was Christopher going to call his company - Ewing Alternative Energies?

12. gchance

gchance 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 6, 2002
    Olivehurst, CA
    And in another thread, they make the same mistake in the opposite direction. :p

Greg

13. zalusky

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    Ouch Ouch. Yea I felt funny typing it. Too much staring at code lately.