1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dallas - Family Business - 8/1/2012

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DouglasPHill, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Aug 4, 2012 #1 of 13
    DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Active Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    Not a lot to say about this one. They are heading towards lots of stuff going on next week. So is Christopher the father? Loved Bobby's wife going off on JR.

2. Aug 4, 2012 #2 of 13
    Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    We are thoroughly enjoying this show...I wouldn't classify it a guilty pleasure...but close. The machinations by everyone are great.

3. Aug 5, 2012 #3 of 13
    DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    I was wondering if Christopher was the father as well, but then I thought I recalled them doing a DNA test a while back. Although, the results may have been faked somehow.

4. Aug 5, 2012 #4 of 13
    Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Yes, they did a DNA test....that was the first thing he wanted done when he learned she was pregnant...

5. Aug 5, 2012 #5 of 13
    zalusky

zalusky Active Member TCF Club

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    So was the implication this last week that Rebecca set the whole scam up and got the pseudo brother from college to go in with her versus the other way around.

I guess next we will find out that she is Cliff Barnes niece or something because after all Bobby's married a Barnes so why not Christopher.

6. Aug 6, 2012 #6 of 13
    zalusky

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    Of course that might mean Chris married his sister if Pam had another child after she left (cool) or Pam sister had a daughter.

7. Aug 6, 2012 #7 of 13
    Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Given that Chris was adopted by Pam and Bobby and isn't a Ewing or Barnes by blood, there's no reason he couldn't marry Cliff's niece. And they didn't grow up together, so it's not even emotionally icky.

8. Aug 6, 2012 #8 of 13
    DouglasPHill

DouglasPHill Active Member

Feb 10, 2005
    St Louis, MO
    If Rebecca was the boss of the scheme then her character wanting to only be Mrs. Ewing to Chris is bogus. You don't go from criminal mastermind to housewife. So its either really poor writing or she has deeper plans from her evil side that we have not seen.

9. Aug 6, 2012 #9 of 13
    Langree

Langree The Gimp

Apr 29, 2004
    Freezinmyass...
    But he is Sue Ellen's real nephew. (I don't recall if that's ever been disclosed to him).

10. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Is he really? I don't remember that from the original series.

Is Sue Ellen related by blood to either the Ewings or Barnes? Like a second cousin or something? I've forgotten a lot. (Wikipedia says no.)

Ah, Wikipedia says... Christopher is Kristin Shepard's biological son, which makes Sue Ellen his aunt. There yuh go. Wiki also says they never firmly established whether he's J.R.'s biological son. Boy, wouldn't that be a kick in the head?

11. zalusky

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA
    Sue Ellen had a sister (Kristin - who shot JR). After she left town she hooked with a guy and had a baby. When she bought the farm, Bobby and Pam adopted the kid.

So Christopher is not a Ewing by blood, he is more of a In-Law.

12. Langree

Langree The Gimp

Apr 29, 2004
    Freezinmyass...
    I believe the Wiki is wrong on whether they tested for JR being daddy. He isn't.

As soon as he found out who mommy was, he thought he might be, in fact so did Bobby, who tried to hold it over JR's head at first.

13. zalusky

Apr 5, 2002
    Cupertino, CA