1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D* Rasing the subscription rate again!

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by BOBCAT, Dec 15, 2015.

1. BOBCAT

BOBCAT Member

Nov 28, 2002
    SF bay area
    Got this email today

"Due to higher costs of programming, an adjustment in the price of our programming packages is necessary. New rates will be in effect on January 28, 2016"

They can jack up my rates every year, but refuse to enable the THR22 to work with the whole home system, or provide any software updates to correct some of the minor issues.

With the New TiVo "Bolt" and Wave putting fiber down the street, It may be time to make a move....
    Wish D* would treat the TiVo THR22 with a little more respect.
    They have the subscribers weather they are using D* DVR or TiVo and they pass the TiVo fee on to the subscribers, so why not enable the features?
    If they did, the sub's would add an HR44 or other DVR to their stable of DVR's which world generate more revenue for D*
    Oh Well, guess that att wants to drive D* sub's to their cable service by making D* more expensive.... Too Bad

2. Sheffield Steve

Sheffield Steve Member

Jun 11, 2010
    It you can live without TV for a week cancel Directv. After that they will offer you service at about a quarter of what you are paying now..

Or cut the cord and buy a regular Tivo. I just did that, added Netfix + Amazon and have more TV to watch now than I know what to do with. (at a fraction of the cost of Directv.)

3. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    Happens every year. Cable does the same thing (even more often in my past experience.) Your ire would be better directed to the networks and local stations that demand ever-increasing carriage fees and block providers from separating expensive channels into optional packages. (I would be delighted to drop all sports programming, including "regional sports networks" for which I pay a required added fee but which I never watch.)

My guess is that it would be a significant effort to tie the THR22 into the DirecTV whole-home infrastructure, since the TiVo implementation is so different (and didn't exist in the HR10 codebase.)