1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CW and Time Warner Cable

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by abovethesink, Oct 13, 2013.

1. abovethesink

abovethesink Member

Aug 26, 2013
    I live in upstate NY and I'm just noticing that I don't get the CW. I guess I've never tried to watch anything on it before. What gives? Wiki says 95% of the country gets it now. Is it because there is no affiliate covering the area (Adirondacks) or am I missing something?

2. jamesbobo

jamesbobo with a grain of salt

Jun 18, 2000
    NJ
    While I can't answer your question, have you tried to watch any of their shows from the CW web page? On Demand? Hulu?

3. abovethesink

abovethesink Member

Aug 26, 2013
    No, and I won't. I'm not going to get into a new show if I have to start on my computer. However, the Canadian broadcast stations we get do seem to show the CW shows, just not at the same time. But for whatever reason the format is messed up. Not sure what is causing that.

4. Allanon

Allanon Member

Nov 2, 2005
    I went to the TV guide at Tivo.com and entered the area code for Adirondacks (12808) and selected Time Warner. I then searched for The Originals and it showed up on channel 15 WCWN. I looked over it's programs and it seems to be the CW.

5. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    The CW affiliates serving the state of NY:
    WPIX New York City, NY
    WCWN Albany/Schenectady/Troy, NY
    WHAM Rochester, NY
    WSTQ/WSTM Syracuse, NY
    WBNG Binghamton, NY
    WKTV Utica, NY
    "Twin Tiers CW" Elmira, NY
    WWTI Watertown, NY

6. abovethesink

abovethesink Member

Aug 26, 2013
    The Adirondacks are a six million acre state park. My zip is 12983. Sorry, should have been more specific. 15 for me is the Canadian channel CTV.

7. Allanon

Allanon Member

Nov 2, 2005
  8. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    you missed out on Gossip Girl!?!?!?!

:eek:

9. Flop

Flop Member

Dec 2, 2005