1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Current pricing for Directv HD Tivo

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by packerfan, Dec 2, 2015.

1. packerfan

packerfan Elk Whisperer

Jan 7, 2002
    De Pere
    Thinking about getting an HD Tivo from Directv and was wondering what the currently asking for them. Also, would they require that a tech come out to install it?

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    $199 lease upgrade fee. Order from Weaknees or SolidSignal if you just want it shipped.

3. NGeorge

NGeorge New Member

Feb 27, 2004
    $199 as previously stated -- although my last one I was able to get shipped for free as an upgrade with no questions. The one before that (the year before) was like pulling teeth to get it for free... so it seems like they are willing to deal on them now... They shipped them no problem.

pmbtv likes this.
  4. pmbtv

pmbtv New Member

Jan 7, 2017
    Are DirctTV Tivos still being made?

5. stevel

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    Made? No. There is a large inventory of them.

6. herefishy

herefishy New Member

Mar 13, 2004
    What is the status of series 2 Directv Tivos? I heard you cannot get a R10 registered with Directv, is that true for all series 2?

7. stevel

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    DirecTV won't activate a receiver without a RID (Receiver ID), but I thought the R10 had one. Things may have changed since I last looked.