1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CSpire Fiber to the Home

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by BiloxiGeek, Sep 25, 2013.

1. BiloxiGeek

BiloxiGeek Reality Challenged

Nov 18, 2001
    Gulfport,...
    http://www.cspire.com/fiberhome/

Just heard about this CSpire initiative to bring Gigabit fiber to the home. I really want to know if CSpire will be able to support TiVo's and cablecards. I've asked CSpire and am waiting to see if they'll answer. But I thought I'd ask here in case someone has already gotten an answer.

Fiber at 1Gbps up and down with television/TiVo support would rock!

2. ajwees41

ajwees41 Active Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    Looks like it's just internet no video services yet.

3. BiloxiGeek

Nov 18, 2001
    Gulfport,...
    I did read one write up or press release that stated it would support Internet, phone and television. Of course now that I'd like to find that information again it's doing a really good job of hiding from me. :confused:

4. ajwees41

ajwees41 Active Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    Isn't this the same as Fios or close? This hasn't even launched yet.

5. BiloxiGeek

Nov 18, 2001
    Gulfport,...
    It sounds like either Verizon's FIOS, or AT&T's U-Verse. Hopefully they'll be using similar technology as FIOS. And yes it's just in the planning stages at the moment. I've sent email to CSpire asking if they will be able to support TiVo's with CableCards like FIOS does. No answer yet. I was hoping someone around this forum might have already asked that question and gotten an answer.