1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crossing Lines 6/23/2013 Pilot

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by andyw715, Jun 24, 2013.

1. andyw715

andyw715 Active Member

Jul 31, 2007
    ..another crime drama procedural.
    This time its an international team (the ICC) who captures cross boarder criminals.

To me, it was OK. I think I need to re-watch though. It was a 2 hour pilot but didn't have my full attention.

2. Edmund

Edmund Remote Czar TCF Club

Nov 8, 2002
    Ca
    I liked it alot, but what do I know, I like crime drama procedurals.

3. AeneaGames

AeneaGames Member

May 2, 2009
    It was okay, was nice to see European locales though.

What I found odd immediately that when he was still in Amsterdam his bad hand switched a couple of times! We see him having a bad right hand, when outside of his trailer picking up trash he does that with his right hand and the glove is over his left hand, then later on it's back on his right!

Also the Parisian police uniforms had clearly the word POLICE stuck unto it since you could see it being loose by some!

And even though he lived in Amsterdam at the beginning of the show where the emergency number is 112 he tried to dial 911 in Paris? :confused:

Of course I am now omitting the fact that the ICC doesn't do any police work! Normally cross border things are done by Europol/Interpol in combination with the respective police forces...

4. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    Almost got through the first hour, but not quite. Didn't care for it at all.

5. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    I thought it was somewhat cliched but not too bad. The thing between the Irish cop and Scotland Yard detective seemed to develop too quickly but whatever. Seems like they're setting up a nice little group of season arcs for the characters. I'll keep my SP.

I noticed that too, right away. However, my suspicion is that it wasn't a props thing but instead they inverted the image for that scene, for some reason. It's hard to believe Will Fichtner wouldn't have noticed that they had the glove on hist wrong hand!

6. spartanstew

spartanstew Thanks 4 the Update

Feb 23, 2002
    Wylie, Texas
    Ditto

7. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member TCF Club

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    I'd have to go back and look, but when I first watched it, I noticed that, too, and thought about an inverted image and went back and looked at it closer and it really seemed to me a continuity error and not an inverted image.

8. Jul 1, 2013 #8 of 41
    Howie

Howie Out of Pocket TCF Club

May 3, 2004
    San Antonio
    At times I had difficulty understanding all the different English accents, but I liked the show OK.

9. Jul 1, 2013 #9 of 41
    TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    There was only one English accent - and that was the girl who got stabbed! So, no more English accents.

There is, however, French, German, Irish, Russian and American (and any others I missed), plus whatever accent Donald Sutherland is supposed to have!

10. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Unless he meant "the accents in which people are speaking English"...

Which would have been better-served by simply saying "accents," but that's what I took him to mean.

11. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Mumble

12. Jon J

Jon J Curmudgeon

Aug 23, 2000
    Music City USA
    Thank you! I made a mental note to review these mistakes but forgot. ;)

13. Howie

Howie Out of Pocket TCF Club

May 3, 2004
    San Antonio
    What Rob said.

14. AeneaGames

AeneaGames Member

May 2, 2009
    The titles actually show the hands reversed as well, he is holding a cell phone in his right hand!

15. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Watched this pilot and the second episode. It held my interest enough that I'll keep watching. But then I'm not very picky when it comes to police procedurals. :)

16. dagojr

dagojr June

Jan 9, 2004
    So this is where Jaqen Hagar (sp?) went.

17. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    I thought the second episode was terrible. So poorly written, the SP was deleted immediately upon conclusion. And then all traces of the show scrubbed from the hard drive. And then... well, you get the idea.

Hard to believe the same guy that created Criminal Minds, a very good procedural, spawned this bastard. So many loose links...

ETA: [I added spoiler tags to my comments, since they apply to the 2nd episode]
    * Millionaire brings home a gorgeous mystery date. After pouring them some wine, she takes a sip, then goes to "powder her nose". When she returns, she switches wine glasses, since she's dumped Polonium in hers (soon to be his). He notices the lipstick on the glass (she's that stupid?) and asks why she swapped them. She gives this "what if you slipped me a mickey" excuse. HELLO? You've already taken a sip, see your lipstick? Why would you take a sip if you're worried about date rape drug? And if I'm a millionaire, maybe I should be thinking, "could she be slipping me something?". He never even thinks that? Really? He simply drinks from her wine glass right after she just returned from being out of the room!

* Headline reads, "Millionaire dies from mysterious virus". They even showed us the headline. Yet when they get to his apartment, the scene of the crime, some time after the police had already gone thru it, they find a wine glass still sitting where it was left from that fateful night, untouched and not examined by the police. He died from a mystery bug, and no one bothers to check what he was drinking? Which BTW was the source of his "bug".

* A security guard mentioned to this team that there had been a first EMT crew, from a private firm, who showed up at the scene and went up to the apartment, and apparently did nothing except call for a second EMT team, this one from the local government. Nobody, I repeat nobody, bothered to check into why this was, or if it had any connection to the "Millionaire who died from mysterious virus". Really?

* They get a good photo of the suspect, and use facial recognition software to identify her. One of the team members asks the computer expert team member how he is able to scan so many databases. He states he has hacked into every major police database in Europe. He says this right in front of the security guard for the apartment complex. 'Nuff said.:eek:

* A prior murder, from about a month before, had the housekeeper surviving, but the owner dying. They go to the hospital to interview her, she manages to spew out a few words to them, and then dies right then and there, while they are with her. One month later, and she dies at the very moment they walk in.

I could go on and on, but I'd rather just delete the SP and move on to something else. So I did.:)

18. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    You realize this is the thread for the pilot, right?

Well, clearly not... :D

19. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    Yeah, I did. But it seems like there isn't going to be an episode thread, so I pulled the trigger. I'll go back and mark it, to be safe.

20. philw1776

philw1776 Active Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Seacoast NH
    Kinda bummed out by the review of the 2nd episode which I missed, as I enjoyed the pilot On Demand. Like the cast & locales. They obviously need someone with basic common sense to tighten up continuity and plot. Hated to see the blonde killed, even though she was a Brit. Freedom!