1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crisis. Should I keep watching?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by ellinj, May 26, 2014.

1. ellinj

ellinj Seems Very Friendly TCF Club

Feb 26, 2002
    RI
    I know it has been cancelled but are we gonna see any type if conclusion. I know it was pulled from may sweeps but it popped up again last night.

2. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    As far as any conclusion, who knows? Nothing that could wrap up everything in a short amount of time, I would guess.

I did watch Sunday's ep, and it was pretty engaging.

3. warrenn

warrenn New Member

Jun 24, 2004
    Tivoverse
    I hope they finish this storyline. I don't think the story is particularly well done, but I still want to see how they resolve it.

4. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Active Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    I stopped watching as soon as I found out it was canceled. There didn't seem to be much point in watching something that may never be resolved.

5. moose53

moose53 New Member

Aug 30, 2011
    I watched the most recent episode today. Something's been changed. When they show the roundup from previous episodes, it's usually something that you've seen before. There were quite a few storylines that I didn't recall ... I know I don't remember everything; but, I'm not 'that' forgetful. I think they've modified the last few episodes to get to some sort of stopping point.

I liked the show. But, never thought there was a possibility of anything longer that one season.

I plan to watch through to the end.

Barb

6. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Was this show supposed to be a period piece? I noticed during the aircraft carrier montage that they were launching F-14s. Now, as we all know, the F-14 was retired in 2006 and the Navy flies the F-18 Hornet currently.

I know that they were using stock footage, but if this is supposed to be present day, couldn't they have found film of a carrier launching the Hornet?

7. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Active Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    What? You want actual facts to interfere with a fictional story? My guess is that whoever put together the stock footage had no clue the Tomcat had been retired or simply didn't care. They just wanted a shot of an aircraft carrier with planes. TV and movie directors have a bad habit of using military aircraft and vehicles in a manner for which they were never intended.

8. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    It's TV. If you nitpick you will find issues with every episode of every Tv show ever made.

I know this is one show I wish had not been cancelled. I will keep watching the episodes that the air. Unfortunately I will probably regret it.

9. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Well, they had to work to get this one wrong. Even the reporter's VO states that they are launching F-14's. It just seems that they went to a lot of effort to get it wrong, unless this was supposed to be taking place in the past.

10. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Yes, I know that's true. But imagine you're watching a police drama in present day, in a big city and the hero drives up in a patrol cruiser from the Adam 12 era. Wouldn't that tend to pull you out of the scene?

11. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    As we all know? I had no idea. I don't follow military hardware at all. I couldn't name 2 types of military aircraft if you pointed a gun to my head. And I'd be surprised if the majority of viewers know either. It's TV. They got a stock shot is all. Suffices for the majority of viewers. It's not like this is vinatge World War II planes that everyone would notice because of the propellers :) To me this is the equivalent of Joe Jackson hitting right handed in the movie Field of Dreams where EVERYONE knows he hit left handed in real life ;):D Did it matter to the story? Did it make it better or worse? Of course not. Only die hard baseball fans noticed it.

12. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Police cruisers are MUCH more recognizable to the average viewer than the example here. The average viewer, such as me would notice the difference in police cars. The average viewer with no knowledge of military stuff is not going to notice what happened here.

13. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    As for me, I'm still watching. Wasn't this originally presented to us as a mini-series anyway?

14. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    I was being facetious. I guess I should have used the tongue in cheek emoticon.

15. smak

smak TV MA SLV

Feb 11, 2000
    NoHo, CA USA
    I think it might be better that the show is cancelled, if they end it properly.

Most of these type shows are begging to just be one season, or even 1/2 a season, and then they go on for years (Revolution...)

-smak-

16. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    They didn't change anything as far as I know. There were only ever 13 episodes, 9 have aired, and 4 are on the schedule for June 1, 15, and 29 (2 eps).

17. ellinj

ellinj Seems Very Friendly TCF Club

Feb 26, 2002
    RI
    Well I am giving up until the 29th, if the show has no wrap up, its a delete, no sense investing more time until then.