1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cox Orange County, Ca TV listing incorrect

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by tvmaster2, Apr 9, 2014.

1. tvmaster2

tvmaster2 Active Member

Sep 9, 2006
    Hi. Where does Tivo get it's TV Guide data from, currently? Zap2it? Tv Guide?

Our cable company, Cox, changed a few channels (Travel, Food, HGTV - all HD versions) from the east coast to Pacific feeds.

Hence, there's a three-hour error.

Zap2it is showing the correct listings, as is Cox local, set-top box tv guide. Tivo's guide is still showing east-coast, three days since the change.

I removed the channels from Tivo, and then reinserted them, and am re-loading data from Tivo, however, the Tivo listings are still showing the old, east-coast listings.

I talked to Tivo tech support, who claim they get their data from Tribune, and also claim Tribune's listings are incorrect (all other places I've checked are correct...TV Guide, Comcast, Zap2it), so I guess it's just wait and see?

2. caddyroger

caddyroger New Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Some where...
  3. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    :confused: i'm not saying your post is wrong, but since zap2it is owned by tribune who supplies their listings, i would ask a few more questions, then report to the link from caddyroger.

4. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    I always report the channel lineup errors directly to Zap2It.com, only, and they are fixed within 24-48 hours.

Zap2It.com used to have a channel lineup error reporting page, it is gone now with the redesign.

So now I would just email feedback@zap2it.com with a Subject of "Zip Code - Channel Lineup Issue"

List:
    Zip Code
    Cable Provider
    Channel Issues

5. tvmaster2

tvmaster2 Active Member

Sep 9, 2006
    Good idea - Zap2it's web page is correct, but apparently that doesn't always get pushed out to providers right away (my SageTV listings are incorrect as well).
    Email sent

6. tvmaster2

tvmaster2 Active Member

Sep 9, 2006
    apparently, the web team and listings supply team are now separate, meaning...the old contacts aren't much good anymore :(

7. tvmaster2

tvmaster2 Active Member

Sep 9, 2006
    going on 10-11 days now, and still no correct listings. I've contacted Zap2it, TiVo and Cox.....can't think of what else to do

Edit: after talking with a different CSR at Tivo, it would appear a rather lengthy fix is necessary. First, you have to reload the listings from a different zipcode than your own (40 minutes), then, repeat the process using the correct zipcode (another 40 minutes).
    Multiply by three Premiere's, and voila...the correct listings are now loading.
    Imagine trying to have a non-techie type deal with this...
    So, it's all fixed (if there's even another Orange County, Ca. TiVo Cox sub besides me left...lol)