1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cox, Charter, Comcast, Time Warner & DirecTV ranked among 15 most disliked companies

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by mr.unnatural, Jun 30, 2012.

1. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Active Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
  2. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I find it hard to take this list seriously when Facebook is on the list.

Most of the other companies are essential things that people need and have to have (electricity, internet, etc.) Nobody needs Facebook and it's more popular than ever.

I find it amazing how beloved Verizon FIOS is when pretty much every other provider is universally hated.

3. mr.unnatural

mr.unnatural Active Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Ellicott...
    I have a feeling those that dislike Facebook may be their stockholders. I don't use Facebook personally (or Twitter or MySpace or any other social network). I never saw the rationale for exposing your personal information to the rest of the world. Big Brother doesn't need to watch you if you volunteer your information freely.

I wouldn't call Verizon "beloved". People tend not to like TV providers in general. It just means that Verizon is disliked less than the rest. The list only covers the 15 most disliked companies so there's no telling where Verizon falls in the overall ranking.

OTOH, I'm on FIOS and like it better than any other service I've had over the past 30 years. FIOS internet is the best in the business, IMHO, regardless of what Comcast claims theirs to be now or in the future.

What's really sad is that both United and U.S. Airways are the two airlines preferred by my company so we almost always have to choose them for business travel. My only saving grace is that we also have to pick the lowest fare, so I can go with a different airline if I find a cheaper flight. Unfortunately, most of the time any alternate flights tend to be on either American or Delta.:(

4. tootal2

tootal2 Active Member

Oct 14, 2005
  5. ajwees41

ajwees41 Active Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    no problems with Cox except waiting for ondemand via tivo

6. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    It isn't that shocking. Uverse isn't hated compared to cable companies either. Them and FIOS don't have that history of terrible service like traditional cable companies. Most cable company customers have been forced to use the same company their whole lives now so there is years of hatred. Just give these newcomers a few more years and I'm sure they can move up the list.

7. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I don't know if most people have had the same cable company their whole lives. I feel like many areas got bought up by larger companies several times. I know it's true where I live. We were TWC, MediaOne, ATT?, and finally Comcast. I might even be missing a couple.

8. ajwees41

ajwees41 Active Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    maybe not enough people can get Uverse for a fair comparison.