1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cox bundle

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by ajwees41, May 13, 2012.

1. ajwees41

ajwees41 Active Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    does anyone with cox know if we changed from a cable box to a cable card would we loose our bundle discount of a free premium channel?

I can't get a straight answer from cox.

2. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    Theoretically, it shouldn't matter if it is a cable box or a TiVo. The bundles and such are a programming discount and can be entered the same way on their systems.

THAT is nothing new. :)

3. LoREvanescence

LoREvanescence Always Autocorrected

Jun 19, 2007
    Salem, MA

I have the bundle, and I only have my tivo premiere with cable card. I have never have a set top box from cox and I get my bundle discount and free premium channels.

4. ajwees41

ajwees41 Active Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    thanks I'm excited because I get the extra HD without the Cisco hardware.

5. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    Does this mean you are purchasing a TiVo Premiere now? If so which model and subscription are you choosing?

6. ajwees41

ajwees41 Active Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    I got two off Amazon and will do month to month untill I can save up some more money > I get more for the plus pack and the ability to share recordings without ave to pay cox for moca and the cisco crap.

7. ajwees41

ajwees41 Active Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    I just heard back from Cox that a box is required at least in Omaha.

8. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    I have confirmation from a friend who has Cox + Premiere + lots of premium channels that he is now finally able to tune in all those "extra" channels he could not get before. (I have zero premium channels)

9. compnurd

compnurd New Member

Oct 6, 2011
    I dont think there is truth in that. Cox i believe is required to offer cable cards due to there size

10. ajwees41

ajwees41 Active Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    for the bundle discount? or just in general? when we signed up for the bundle cable cards were not even around.

11. alansh

alansh New Member

Jan 3, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    The box rental is on top of your normal programming package (which is what has the discount). They can just switch the digital box for a CableCard.

Cox is required to provide a CableCard, and you are not required to have any of Cox's hardware at all (unless you want OnDemand/Pay per view).

12. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    And hopefully those will be compatible with TiVo, EVENTUALLY. It is certainly not that difficult technologically. Plus, it was already promised.... a long time ago.

13. ajwees41

ajwees41 Active Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    and it's live on comcast whch is using the same thing Cox will use I think.