1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COX 3D Channel 1300

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by pmalve, Aug 4, 2012.

1. pmalve

pmalve New Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Cox has the olympics in 3d on channel 1300 but tivo wont lock in on it. Sometimes it tries and i can see the pic for a minute or so. Other times no signal at all. Cox says cable card wont get 3d channels, that I need a box from them. Have heard of people with Comcast and TW getting 3d so I know its not completely true but was wondering if it works for anyone else who has cox cable. After all the trouble I had getting Cox to turn the plus package on that they also said I needed one of there boxes for I don't trust what they say.

2. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    If you go into DVR Diagnostics what is the signal strength and SNR?

I have no problem tuning in the 3D channel in Phoenix, AZ

3. pmalve

pmalve New Member

Jul 13, 2012
    no snr number. only thing i see is it keeps jumping from qam 64 to qam 256 and says not locked. Was thinking of going to cox and rent a regular convertor box to see if it is a box issue or a signal issue.

4. ajwees41

ajwees41 Active Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    call in maybe it a local headend problem

5. compnurd

compnurd New Member

Oct 6, 2011
    jumping between QAMS usually means you have a signal issue stopping you from locking on on the particular QAM...

6. pmalve

pmalve New Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Would that be from the cable card?

7. compnurd

compnurd New Member

Oct 6, 2011
    You can get some information like the signal strength the Tivo is getting under the Diag. Screen.... Your cable model can give a more accurate number