1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covert Affairs "Vamos" 7/16/2013

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by cheesesteak, Jul 18, 2013.

1. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I swear, Annie Walker has to be the worst spy ever. She does the exact opposite of what she's told to do half the time. She ignores the chain of command when she feels like it. She conducts her own missions seemingly whenever she wants to. Apparently, this season she can take spur of the moment vacations too. She's the hero of the show so everything works out in the end but she should have been fired for insubordination and being an all around being a crappy employee long ago. And she got Augie shot!

2. BluesFools

BluesFools Member

Apr 5, 2000
    Cary, NC, USA
    I'm going to tail someone through the streets of Colombia. To make myself inconspicuous I'll leave my long blonde hair flowing, wear a bright orange shirt, and make sure I have a blind guy with a cane attached to me. I'll completely blend into the background.

3. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    This....so much this!

4. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Terrible, just terrible. She needs to be stuck behind a desk, translating Echelon recordings.

5. JoBeth66

JoBeth66 Temp

Feb 15, 2002
    Hubby couldn't even watch it because it was /so/ bad. it's like they're not even trying anymore! I can suspend a lot of disbelief, but this show is really stretching the limit.

6. Tivo_60

Tivo_60 NY State of Mind

Jun 13, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    The ep started with her going up an elevator (with Augi back in the U.S) and then on the 32nd floor gets off with drawn gun on the Columbian station chief....then show jumps to 10 days earlier.

They never came back to that scene, her and Augie back to the U.S. What did I miss here??

7. hospadam

hospadam New Member

Oct 13, 2006
    It was actually 10 *weeks* later. I presume this season will fill in the missing 10 weeks... and the final episode will conclude with the elevator scene.

8. Tivo_60

Tivo_60 NY State of Mind

Jun 13, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    You're correct re the "weeks" however, it is earlier not later. (just watched the beginning again)

The season filling in that time now makes sense to me, however I think I'm bailing on this series.

9. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Basically that opening was an in media res that will take 10 episodes to resolve. Geesh.

10. Agatha Mystery

Agatha Mystery Active Member

Feb 12, 2002
    BFE, So....
    However, we did get our requisite no shirt scene with Auggie. :)

11. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    YOUR requisite no shirt scene....

12. AeneaGames

AeneaGames Member

May 2, 2009
    They can't please everyone! :p

13. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    As long as we continue to get shirtless Augie, I will be tuning in.

That is all.

14. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    I'm sorry, but everytime they say "Augie," I get flashbacks to Hanna-Barbera's Augie Doggie and Doggie Daddy:

[​IMG]

We just need to have Augie's dad appear on Covert Affairs and have the first words out of his mouth be "Augie, my son, my son."

15. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I was about to type in....I'm watching because of Piper Pibero.....we all have our reasons :):D

This show basically follows the same rogue spy formula that pretty much most Hollywood / TV spy shows/movies follow. Since when does James Bond follow orders? Or Jason Bourne? Or Michael Westen. It would be pretty boring if they did actually. Most spies sit at a desk. Still, the show isn't all that well written and you can see stuff coming a mile away. But the characters are likable, and yeah, there's Piper (or Augie, depending on your orientation).

16. Frylock

Frylock Live Long and Tivo!

Feb 13, 2002
    Round Rock, TX
    This show is clearly CIA version of Burn Notice. Forget her terrible cover. Who does she report to? She just decides to go to Columbia and no one seems to mind/care.

If you try and follow this show for logic, it is terrible. It definitely needs a large amount of disbelief.

17. verdugan

verdugan Active Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    It's ok because she went on vacation. She wasn't going on assignment.

:rolleyes:

18. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I don't remember, did she tell Joan that she was going on vacation or they just assumed it?

This isn't the kind of show you watch because it's believable. You watch because it's light and fun, and there are pretty people :)

Most of USA's shows are like that, especially their summer stuff. And for summer time, I'm fine with that :)

19. aaronw

aaronw Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Washington, DC
    pedantic alert, the country is colOmbia, the city in maryland or the river in washington or the capital of the USA is colUmbia.

20. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Active Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Near...
    +1. I love this show and don't care that it's not believable.

I'm really not crazy about Joan and Arthur, but they are finally becoming a bit more interesting. Wonder if Joan knows about Arthur's son? And his affair (who was it with?) Who will replace him not that he's resigned?