1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cougartown's back! (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Gunnyman, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Jan 8, 2014 #1 of 37
    Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    !Texas
    Nice little surprise on my DVR. The new season started last night. :)

Really glad I've stuck with the show. Really funny.

Travis and Laurie together are indeed "Awwwww-yechhhh"
    :D

2. Jan 8, 2014 #2 of 37
    Hank

Hank AC•FTW

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA
    I'm a big fan of the show.. I felt this episode kinda fell flat. But I'll still watch.

I liked the intro card "Season Five -- who saw that coming!" (or something like that).

3. Jan 8, 2014 #3 of 37
    uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
  4. Jan 9, 2014 #4 of 37
    Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    !Texas
    Oh Great now you owe Bobby a royalty...

5. Jan 9, 2014 #5 of 37
    ScubaCat

ScubaCat Shades of Blue......

Jun 26, 2003
    N.E. GA
    So glad this show is finally back!

In case anyone isn't up on their celebrity gossip - that was a real cast on Courtney's wrist. She broke it during a trip to Mexico before they began filming the new season. It looks like the cast was too hefty to keep hidden so they just wrote it into the show.

I just wish the show aired on the weekend so I could enjoy a glass of wine while watching. 10 PM on Tuesday night is not a good time to crack open a bottle and Tuesday - Friday is too long to wait to watch the show.

6. Jan 9, 2014 #6 of 37
    gweempose

gweempose Active Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I really like the show, but it seems like every season Courtney gets just a bit more plasticy looking. It makes me really sad when actors go overboard with the "enhancements". Christa has clearly had a lot of work done as well, but for some reason she looks a little more natural.

7. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I can't believe Courtney Cox will be 50 in June!! Despite any work she might have gotten done, she looks darn good.

This show has always been hit or miss for me. It's definitely on the silly side, and I except that. But when it's on, it makes me laugh.

I thought this was a good episode. The "penny can" stuff was funny, especially people from different countries calling out to Bobby in their native language.

BTW is Busy Phillips pregnant?

8. ScubaCat

Jun 26, 2003
    N.E. GA
    She had a baby in July.

9. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    So I'll rephrase, was she pregnant during the filming of the show? I'm not sure when they film this, but I would imagine it would be after July?

10. gweempose

gweempose Active Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    I think she was pregnant at the end of last season. By the time they started filming this season, she had already had the baby. She just hadn't lost all the weight yet.

11. ScubaCat

Jun 26, 2003
    N.E. GA
    I don't know when they started filming season 5 but she did admit to gaining 80 pounds with her first pregnancy (source: Wikipedia). This was her second child. She probably didn't have much time to lose the baby weight before filming started.

12. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Ahhhhh ok. My wife remarked that she must still be pregnant when they filmed, but apparently not.

13. ScubaCat

Jun 26, 2003
    N.E. GA
    Welcome to Cougar Town - Now with more Friends.
    --Title Card​

Loved the episode with Matthew Perry. It was so fun to hear him call Courtney "Monica" one more time. :)

14. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Also enjoyed the Matthew Perry episode, although I always hate sitcom plots where crazy stuff happens because someone is too timid to just tell the truth. But since I love Matthew Perry and Cougar Town in general, I still enjoyed the episode.

15. ScubaCat

Jun 26, 2003
    N.E. GA
    Cougar Town returns for the final season Tuesday night at 10:30 PM EST on TBS. Time to pound some grape! :)

16. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I'll be watching. I think the series really has ran out of steam, but still has it's moments.

17. Hank

Hank AC•FTW

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA
  18. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    I still watch, but that happened before the show moved to TBS.

19. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I'm surprised at how poorly TBS is treating this show. As a cable network with 24 hours a day to fill and this being an original TBS show that they own, I'd expect them to re-air this episode multiple times per week, like most other cable networks do with their original programming. But TBS is treating this like they're just fulfilling a contractual obligation but they don't really want viewers to watch the show. My TiVo says that this week's season premiere episode is airing three times:

Tuesday, Jan 6 at 11:30 pm
    Thursday, Jan 8 at 1:00 am
    Sunday, Jan 11 at 12:30 am

That looks more like the air schedule of syndicated reruns of Night Court than a current, original offering. What gives, TBS?

20. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    If I recall, I think USA Network handles most of their shows similarly. They only show their shows 3 or 4 times in the week. I wonder though if, for a lot of these networks, they have new shows to get you to watch the syndicated ones where they make more money.