1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy wishlists from premiere to roamio?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by bbrown9, Sep 6, 2013.

1. bbrown9

bbrown9 Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Is there a way to transfer wishlists from a premiere to a roamio? I'm using kmttg to transfer the season passes, but I don't see a way to transfer wish lists.

2. Smirks

Smirks .:. Hello .:.

Oct 7, 2002
    My wishlists transferred with kmttg. They were grouped with the SPs.

3. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    I think OP is talking about non auto-record wishlists (which are not season passes). I have not found any way using RPC to save/restore those.

4. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    stupid question - if you turn a 'regular' wishlist into an autorecording wishlist (turn ON recording), transfer that, is it then ALSO a 'regular' wishlist?

i.e. can you make it auto-recording, transfer it, then turn off autorecording on the destination? Lots of steps, but seemingly easier than recreating for a complex one..

5. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    Yes, that would mostly work except for naming of the wishlist - that gets thrown out and complex wishlists would get same name as if you created by hand without changing the name.

Example, if I have a wishlist to match title "NFL Football" and a keyword "Dolphins" that I name "My Football Games". When copying the name on the TiVo would become something like "NFL Football | Dolphins" (i.e. discarding the customized name I made).

6. Joe Siegler

Joe Siegler New Member

May 10, 2000
    Garland, TX
    I wonder what it would do with the one that I have that has like 40 different actors in it, all listed "optional". I wonder if it would get all that. :)

Still, I did some poking around with kmttg tonight, and it will get things set to auto record, but the 50 or so that aren't I'll have to either copy myself, or temprarily make them all set to auto record, and then turn them off on the destination TiVo.

7. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    +1

I have an ARWL for the Virgin Islands. One of the search terms is "St. John". Turns out there are 420 actors named "XXX St. John". So I have slowly added dozens & dozens of them over time, with a -(xxx) filter.

Recreating that one will be fun.:rolleyes:

8. Joe Siegler

Joe Siegler New Member

May 10, 2000
    Garland, TX
    For the record, mine is a list of all the primary actors who have appeared in 50 years of Doctor Who, with "Doctor Who" blocked out in the title. That way I can see what else they've done. :)

9. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    :up: