1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting to DTivo (10-250) from Dish DVR...

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by charlestwaters, Jan 11, 2006.

I went TO DTV from...

1. Dish Network

31.3%
  2. Local Cable TV

62.5%
  3. Another Satellie Provider (C Band, Voom, etc).

6.3%
  4. 1st Cable / Satellite setup I've had!

12.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. charlestwaters

charlestwaters New Member

Dec 19, 2003
    Shoreline...
    This was funny.. I called today to cancel my Dish Network subs. We have had 3 SD TV's here. 2 with the DP301 (no dvr), and one with the 510 (dvr) box, and with the middle of the line plan, have been paying $84 a month.

I recv'd a 10-250 as a XMas present (they thought I had DTV), so I went out and bought the oval 3LNB dish, and another 10-250, and a D10. When I called up, they asked why I was cancelling, and I told them because I got my current setup about $25 a month cheaper with DTV than DN. She said IMPOSSIBLE! I told her look, I was on one phone with DTV, and my woman was on the phone with DN, and comparing package price, services, etc., and they were cheaper. Anywayz, after about 25 minutes, I got it cancelled.. Anywayz.. Here's what she said DN is giving that DTV can't touch...

1) DN currently has 15 HD channels, and DTV only has 7.

2) DN will be adding another 200 local HD channels, and DTV won't.

3) DN will be offering MPEG4, and DTV will be at least a year behind them on that.

4) I forgot what the 4th thing was!

Anywayz, just thought I would let ya'll know, and would love someones opinion on this!

--- Goobz!

2. darthrsg

darthrsg New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    post 911...
    rubbish, DN will have more mpeg 4 boxes out before any content is out at least according to the AVS forums. they do have D* beat on HD right now though. D* has mpeg4 now in select markets. there are extensive threads at AVS on this topic. try a look there.