1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting from Tivo to iTunes

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by kdochert, Jun 7, 2012.

1. kdochert

kdochert New Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Hi Ya'll,

I have a collection of Tivo video's that I transferred to my PC using the Tivo Desktop software, one of them HD F1, however when I try to convert from that.tivo format to an iTunes compatible format using software such as Pavtube and Handbrake the picture is scrambled. Is this some kind of copyright protection? Is there a way around this?

My understand was that anything copyright would not transfer to the PC in the first place?

I have also tried the Desktop Plus software from Tivo to convert to iPad format but I frequently get video / audio sync problems with this software and so stopped using it.

Help appreciated!

Kevin

2. lillevig

lillevig Hot in West Texas

Dec 6, 2010
    San Angelo, TX
    Not sure what format works with iTunes but kmttg offers a number of conversion formats. It's free so give it a try.

3. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    .tivo files are encrypted .mpg file using the Media Access Key. You need to decode it using TivoDecode, which KMTTG also uses. KMTTG also has an encode feature which comverts to iPad.