1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Controling YouTube app on Roamio via YouTube app on Android Tablet??

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by atmuscarella, Oct 6, 2013.

1. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Active Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    Hello All,

I must have missed this and was wondering how long this has been true. While messing around with YouTube on my Android tablet I found a box that when I opened it gave me the option to select my Roamio, when I did the YouTube app on my Roamio opened, then I could also start or queue up videos on my Roamio from my Tablet's YouTube App.

How long has this been working? Any other apps that work this way (Netflix, Hulu+)?
  2. mrizzo80

mrizzo80 Active Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Netflix will (iOS version does, I would think the Android version does too). I believe Hulu+ now supports this as well but the TiVo version of the app hasn't been updated to take advantage of this yet.

There are a few threads discussing this stuff. Look for "DIAL" threads.
  3. dsnotgood

dsnotgood New Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Youtube has always worked with android apps. The premiere one works fine too. I use it with my phone all the time.
  4. swerver

swerver New Member

May 18, 2012
    Yeah you could do this on the premiere too, the main difference being that on the premiere it requires a pairing step that had to be initiated on the Tivo first. You couldn't just send the video to the Tivo without that preparation first. You couldn't do this with Netflix though, that is new on Roamio.