1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Control of the new Roamio over TCP/IP

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Tab Bouc, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Tab Bouc

Tab Bouc New Member

Sep 15, 2013
    So, I've just converted one of my two TiVo HD XLs to a TiVo Roamio Pro. At first glance, it's a great device. Here is my problem. With the XDs (series 3), you could could control all of their basic features over IP and even get some analog feedback.

This worked really well as I have these wired into a home A/V distribution system & have a single control interface gui for the entire system (several video sources, several audio sources.)

To my dismay, it appears that TiVo has either changed this feature, or removed it from the new Roamio device. I would think this highly unlikely as there are several other applications that access it externally.

Does anyone know of any outfacing API that is in use for the new Roamio series? Have they done something with RESTful webservices or the like?

2. PHeadland

PHeadland New Member

Mar 29, 2005
    San Mateo, CA
    Remote control over the network still works in Roamio. You have to enable it somewhere in the Settings menus.
  3. takeagabu

takeagabu New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    I haven't double checked, but I think it's here:

Settings & Messages > Settings > Remote, CableCARD, & Devices > Network remote control
  4. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Ziphead

Aug 2, 2003
    And, you had to do this on the Series 3, too. It's probably just been so long that you forgot. :)
  5. Tab Bouc

Tab Bouc New Member

Sep 15, 2013
    I can't thank you guys enough for the quick responses. You were all spot on. Up & running now.

Thanks a ton.