1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Considering selling HD XL w/ lifetime subscription.

Discussion in 'eBay Auction Central' started by jrlbc06, Jun 13, 2012.

1. jrlbc06

jrlbc06 New Member

Apr 29, 2012
    I recently bought a Premier and am interested in selling my current Tivo.

I have a Series 3 HD 180-hr TiVo HD DVR (I think this is called HD XL?) with lifetime service. It still works fine I just live in the Boston Area and wanted to get access to On Demand through Comcast.

Is there any kind of authorized Tivo reseller, or do most people just sell on their own through Ebay or Amazon or something? What kind of price would be fair for a 180-hr HD XL with lifetime?

I appreciate any advice!

2. farmermac

farmermac Recorder of shows

Jan 31, 2012
    That's a 150 hour or so if HD XL
    IMO my first and favorite TiVo
    These can be easily upgraded to 2tb unlike the other s3's. Worth around $400-475 depending on accessories and a bit how lucky you are

3. lillevig

lillevig Hot in West Texas

Dec 6, 2010
    San Angelo, TX
    Search the "sold" listings on eBay to get an idea of going rates. You can offer it here for a fixed price or put it on eBay. You can try Craigslist but I've never had any luck there. Seems like people on Craigslist want stuff at garage sale prices instead of actual value.

4. unitron

unitron Active Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    And people selling stuff on Craigslist often have an inflated idea of its value.

5. lillevig

lillevig Hot in West Texas

Dec 6, 2010
    San Angelo, TX
    True dat - present parties excepted.