1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting Dish receiver and two Tivos

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by AZ_Tivo, Jun 24, 2012.

1. AZ_Tivo

AZ_Tivo New Member

Jan 17, 2005
    AZ
    I own a Tivo Series 2 and a Tivo HD. I am going to get Dish TV. They offered Dish 322 receiver but I believe I will need two receivers if I want to connect both my Tivos to Dish Network service. Dish offered to get the 625 receiver which can record two channels at the same time. Either way it will cost me an extra $7 a month (either for extra receiver or for the DVR receiver).

Does anyone know about 625 interface v/s. Tivo HD interface and give some input on this.

EDIT : Continued reading and found out that THD will not support satellite. So I guess I will need a Dish 625 receiver if I want to record two programs at the same time. Any feedback on a 625 receiver (I have been a Tivo user for over 8 years now)?

2. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    You can only use a Series 1 or 2 standalone TiVo with Dishnet, and have a receiver which provides A/V for the TiVo, and IR control, for each TiVo.

The second TV output on the 322 and other dual TV receivers takes some doing to use with a TiVo, if at all possible.

3. AZ_Tivo

AZ_Tivo New Member

Jan 17, 2005
    AZ
    Thanks. I did change my order to include Dish 625 receiver. Both TVs can access this DVR. I guess its time to sell the Tivo Series 2 (if people still buy them :)).

4. Series3Sub

Series3Sub Active Member

Mar 14, 2010
    The 322 is a 2 TV experience in ONE box, so it can support 2 SD TiVo's if you want that set-up.

5. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    It takes a lot of doing to make that work, since a TiVo wants eith A/V or RF on CH3/4, and IR control on address 1.