1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting a expander to a unsubbed HD

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by replaytv, Nov 30, 2012.

1. replaytv

replaytv gun talk ignore list

Feb 20, 2011
    Denver ish...
    I have a Tivo HD being used without a subcription as a security camera recorder. Can I add a expander drive without having to connect to the 'mothership' and causing the recording option to be shut down?

2. replaytv

replaytv gun talk ignore list

Feb 20, 2011
    Denver ish...
    I have a Tivo premiere that I bought on eBay that came with lifetime service. Does that make me eligible for $99 lifetime on any other Series 3 or less Tivo that is currently out of service? I have never paid a monthly fee on any of my other Tivos that aren't in service. I have always had lifetime TiVos.

The Tivo HD has 'Good Standing' for the service state.

3. lrhorer

lrhorer Active Member

Aug 31, 2003
    San...
    Huh?!? Are you saying in the 20.2.2 release, you have removed the ability to record by time & channel? You're kidding me!

As I understand it, it doesn't apply in any case, however, since unless I am mis-reading his post, he wants to continue to use the feature on a THD, which I absolutely know for a fact supports recording by time & channel.

Really? Does that include a leased / CATV owned Premiere? That offer does not show up in my account. I have an S3 and a THD with PLS, a leased Premiere, and an S3 on MTM service.

4. poppagene

poppagene User

Dec 29, 2001
    Subscribe the Tivo HD and call up to cancel prior to the 30 day money back period. With any luck, you can persuade the csr to let you get lifetime on the tivo hd for $99. If yes, the first months fee will be credited towards the $99 lifetime. If not, cancel and the first months fee will be refunded.