1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connect Tivo Series 2 to a Slingbox and a BellExpressvu receiver

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by datakop, Nov 24, 2012.

1. datakop

datakop New Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Hi,

I hope that someone has already figured out how connect a Tivo Series 2 to a Slingbox and to a satellite receiver.

I have the IR blaster from the Slingbox connected to the Tivo. Do I still need another IR Blaster ( the one supplied by Tivo ) to be connected to the satellite receiver.

Any help would be appreciated.

So far, I can see the Tivo remote on my laptop, but can not change channels.

Thanks

Duncan

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Yes, you would need the blaster, since the Tivo controls the sat receiver to change channels and Slingbox controls the Tivo.

3. datakop

datakop New Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Thanks very much for responding to my question.

I will try this once I find the TIVO IR Blaster. Unfortunately, I am in Florida and the Slingbox etc is at my sons home in Toronto, Ontario where the IR Blaster should be found, or I will have to buy a new one. If this works out, I will post the results and describe all the cable/rca and IR Blaster connections in case someone else is trying to do the same thing.

Duncan

4. datakop

datakop New Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Hi,

Can someone please advise the correct connections for the TIVO Series 2 DT. and a Slingbox Solo with a Bell Expressvu satellite receiver.

I need to know the connections for the RWY cables and the IR blasters.

Do I :
    a) connect the rwy cable from the Bell sat receiver to the IN on the Slingbox
    b) connect the rwy cable from the OUT on slingbox to the IN on the TIVO
    c) connect the rwy cable form the OUT on the TIVO to the IN on the TV
    d) Connect the IR blaster from the Slingbox to the TIVO
    e) connect the IR blaster from the TIVO to the Bell receiver

I contacted Sling Media support but their solution did not work or else I did not get the steps right.

Sling support indicated that the ir blaster from the slingbox goes to the Bell as well as the ir blaster from TIVO to the Bell.

I am totally confused.

Please help

Thanks

Duncan

5. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    output of Receiver - > Input of Tivo
    Output of Tivo -> Input of Slingbox
    2nd output of Tivo -> TV (c)

IR Blasters: Tivo -> Receiver (e)
    Slingbox -> Tivo (d)

Slingbox should be at the end of the chain, not in middle as you had in (a) and (b).