1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connect 2 Roamios

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by ObiDobi, Nov 4, 2013.

1. ObiDobi

ObiDobi New Member

Oct 30, 2013
    I love my Roamio and I am on the fence about getting a second one so I wanted to get more information.

I currently have 1 roamio in my house and thats connected via MoCA to a Tivo mini. So I currently can watch my shows on either and thats a feature I love.

The question is if I get a 2nd Roamio will I be able to get the first and second roamio to communicate to eachother (example will I be able to set a recording from Roamio 1 and have it record on roamio 2 OR will I be able to play a recording thats on roamio 2 on roamio 1)

I know this is a long shot but no harm in asking the question!

2. ltxi

ltxi New Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Colorado
    Don't know about the record bit but playback's certainly doable.

3. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    You can schedule recordings and SPs on a 2nd roamio from the 1st. It's not quite as seamless as from a Mini but can be done. Streaming shows from another Roamio works exactly the same as from a Mini, and additionally you can choose to transfer instead of stream if you wish.

4. lgnad

lgnad Pantless Mofo

Feb 14, 2013
    Massachusetts
    as far a playback from the other Roamio goes, it will show up at the bottom of the now playing list, click it and you see its contents. Click play on a show, and it will stream, just like your mini does.

If you happen to own an Ipad or android device you can control everything from anywhere, at home or not. Set/adjust season passes, browse the guide, check the to-do list, delete programs, use it as a remote, etc. The Ipad version of the app is pretty darn slick, use it every day. I haven't used the android version on my phone in a while, but it could do most everything, too.