1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about streaming

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by dkraft, Sep 17, 2013.

1. dkraft

dkraft New Member

Dec 20, 2004
    I only had a Premier XL4 and an the Tivo iPad app setup. I could not stream to the Tivo iPad app from the Premier XL4. That function was not available in the Tivio iPad app.

I then went out and bought a Roamio Pro. I now have my Premier and Roamio setup to transfer between devices. Everything is working correctly.

I then open my Tivo app and I am now able to stream from both the Premier and Roamio. Why is the Premier XL4 suddenly able to stream to the Tivo iPad app? I specifically select the Premier in the Tivo app and select a show to watch and streaming works perfect. I thought the Premier XL4 would need the Tivo Stream.

2. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    The Stream chip that is part of your Roamio is just like a standalone Stream that can serve up MRS streams from any series 4 or later unit.

3. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Yeah if you look at your router the Stream portion of the Roamio Pro even has it's own IP address. It's basically a separate device living in the same box.

4. dkraft

dkraft New Member

Dec 20, 2004
    I got it now! Thanks.

5. JasonD

JasonD New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    San Diego
    Can I stream from my roamio to my iPad anywhere in the world? Or do both devices need to be on the same network?

6. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Right now same network. Out of home streaming isn't going live until this Fall.

7. JasonD

JasonD New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    San Diego
    Thanks Dan looking forward to the update