1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confirmed successful cablecard activation, list your cable company

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by Sepia, Sep 20, 2006.

Confirmed successful cablecard activation, list your cable company

1. Adelphia Communications

2. Cableone

3. Charter Communications

4. Comcast Cable Communications

5. Cox Communications

6. Time Warner Cable

7. Other not listed

1. Sepia

Sepia TiVo Special Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Vote on this poll only if you have successfully activated your cablecards.

I'm trying to determine which (among the top 6cable companies) are confirmed to work with S3 (poll limited to 6 options....)
  2. SoBayJake

SoBayJake New Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Technically, I'm a Time Warner customer. But we were just switched from Comcast (all the items, boxes, etc) are still branded Comcast, and we're still paying Comcast rates.
  3. Sepia

Jan 5, 2002
    OK people, it's Wednesday, some of you must have already activated and still lurking about this forum, if so, please vote if you *successfully* activated your cablecards.

4. stoneyb

stoneyb New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    It took 1.5 hrs, due to "dispatch" misregistring the CC's but once they were properly in Comcast's computer, activation was just a couple of minutes.
  5. mikebridge

mikebridge New Member

Sep 18, 2000
    once the tech (actually, techs, one tech training the new guy on cable cards) showed up, it was around 30 minutes to get the cards installed and the calls placed for them. motorola cards, no 161.4 error. western suburbs of chicago area.
  6. samual.icky

samual.icky New Member

Sep 18, 2006
    My cable company isn't on the list... WOW (Wide Open West)... which is fairly popular in some areas... I wished you had an "other" choice
  7. timmetro69

timmetro69 Vegas Baby

Jun 11, 2002
    My Cox installer had no trouble at all and was done and tested within 25 minutes.
  8. Sepia

Jan 5, 2002
    Sorry about that, the poll only allows for 6 slots, so I picked those I heard most often (I'm in L.A.) :p

I must say I am relieved that Megazone got charter cards working, I was worried about that for a while (having read other posts about it).
  9. jodell

jodell TiVo geek

Jul 9, 2002
    Total install time for Cox Orange County was about 1.5 hours. Most of the time was due to the cable company having to clear a previous configuration from one of the two cable cards.
  10. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    Add Verizon FiOS to your poll please.
  11. terramar

terramar New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Installed 4 cable cards in 2 S3s on Verizon FIOS this morning in Manhattan Beach. Everything went perfectly. No issues at all, and HD quality is great.
  12. Sepia

Jan 5, 2002
    bktv, sorry about that, but the polls on this forum are limited to 6 options, and I just chose the ones I thought were the top 6 in the US. Plus I don't think there is a way to modify the poll once it's started...

- Sepia
  13. Sepia

Jan 5, 2002
    Interesting, someone was able to add the 7th option (Other...). Thanks!
  14. bkdtv

bkdtv New Member

Jan 9, 2003
    Top 10 MSOs as of March 2006

1. Comcast Cable Communications - 21,495,000
    2. Time Warner Cable - 11,039,000
    3. Charter Communications - 5,913,900
    4. Cox Communications - 5,400,000
    5. Adelphia Communications - 4,876,900
    6. Cablevision Systems - 3,065,700
    7. Bright House Networks - 2,275,000
    8. Mediacom LLC - 1,422,000
    9. Insight Communications - 1,306,700
    10. Suddenlink Communications -1,269,000

Replace Cableone with Cablevision? :)

I still think a separate listing for FioS would be appropriate. Older cable companies have more subscribers, but FiOS is available in more geographic markets with a larger potential customer base than all but Comcast and TWC. Moreover, FiOS offers just about the widest selection of HDTV available, so on a % basis, it's customers are probably more inclined to purchase the HDTV Tivo.
  15. Sepia

Jan 5, 2002
    Ack, of course, Cablevision not Cableone. My memory is not what it used to be since I became a parent... :eek:

I am not sure who added the 7th option (Dan?) but whoever it is, thank you, and if you can, please switch out CableOne with Cablevision (no one voted CableOne anyways ;) )

It is good to see at least two successful activations for 5 of the top 6.
  16. Sepia

Jan 5, 2002
    Glendale, CA here.

Installer just left. The only problem we had was that after installing the first (and later the second) card, and select TEST CHANNELS, only 1 or 2 channels were appearing.

The guy said that this is because both cards need to be in there at first, and I patiently explained that both cards are only required to get dual tuner functionality.

Anyways, it turns out that it was no big deal. After completing guided setup, *all* channels work HBO-HD, Discovery-HD et all.

TiVo, I was really miffed with you, but now that it's all up and running I'm happy again, and can forget being part of the 200 who got severly screwed at shipping Come here you big furry TV!

SCSIRAID New Member

Feb 2, 2003
    Up and Running on TWC Raleigh with 2 cablecards
  18. JoN8282

JoN8282 New Member

Feb 26, 2005
    cablevision io digital cable perfection
  19. GoHokies!

GoHokies! O2->CO2 Converter

Sep 21, 2005
    Smooth install here in Anne Arundel County, MD. Installer was one time, said it was his second Tivo and had several other jobs for 2 cards today, so it looked like he was going to be doing a lot of these.

Dropped both cards in, got the numbers, he called them in and within 2 minutes got the 161-4 on both cards. He hung around when while I redid guided setup, everything worked perfectly. We talked Tivo just about the whole time, the installer didn't know about all the extra features that the Tivo offered, said he'd have to look into getting one himself.

I can't believe it, but :up: Comcast!!!

Looking at the paperwork he left, it cost me 8 bucks - we'll see how the monthly works itself out.

FWIW, both were the pastel label Moto-branded cards
  20. hawkamer

hawkamer Narm...

Jun 4, 2002
    Up and running with Bright House in Tampa. Took about 2 hours for the cablecards to get fully activated. I think part of the problem was the installer disregarded the TiVo-provided instructions, even though he read them throughly. Still, I can be thankful that I didn't get any "we don't install cablecards in TiVo" b.s.